By Marc Potvin
October is the month to let pastors know how much they are appreciated. Below are some of the easy suggestions on how to appreciate your pastor.
- Designate one Sunday in October make that Sunday service one of thanksgiving to God for your pastor. Cheer up the congregation by assigning them to have a song sung to reflect this as a tribute to your pastor. The introduction could be an essential part of the occasion, including someone from your board to say a few words in thanksgiving for your pastor’s ministry.
- Give your pastor different types of gifts, such as a restaurant gift card. Gift giving creates a memorable occasion for your pastor.
- Organize with your board to take the pastor and family out for lunch after the service. Sharing a meal and showing hospitality can be a happy moment for the pastor’s entire family.
- Designate a Saturday as pastor care day. Offer childcare for the day so the pastor can go on a date with their spouse. Being October, plan for a clean-up day; if there are leaves to rake or gardens to take down, show up to help with the cleaning.
- Give your pastor tickets for a game, show or movie for a recreational outing.
- Update the office by supplying a new plant, new bookends, a new coating of paint.
Say thank you to the pastor for the service the pastor offers. Above all, pray for your pastor.