Church as a Workplace
Churches are places for ministry, for community and connection; they’re also workplaces. Caring for pastoral or support staff well is part of creating a healthy, thriving church.
Personnel Resources for Church Boards
Caring for your pastors and staff is an important part of running a church. The resources below will give you the information you need to manage your church’s staff.
- 2022 Compensation Development Tool - Section 1
- 2022 Compensation Development Tool - Section 2
- A Guide to Interim Ministry
- Building Sound HR Practices: A Workbook for Your Church
- Developing a Sabbatical Policy
- Discipline & Restoration Protocols
- Guide to Pastors Payroll
- Guide to Record of Employment and EI
- MIP template
- Pastoral and Ministry Placement Manual
- Procedure Manual for Pastoral Search Teams
- Toward the Next Chapter: Considerations for Pastoral Leaders Approaching "Retirement"
- What's Next? I'm Considering Resigning
- What's Next? I've Resigned
- What's Next? Our Pastor Resigned
Transitions can be difficult for churches. Search committees need to find the right candidate for their congregation and ensure the congregation is cared for in the meantime.
Post your Ministry Opportunities
If you would like to post a new position, download our Job Posting Submission form below. Please send the completed form to Carol Gouveia, Team Coordinator, Church Life and Leadership.
Job Postings on the CBOQ website expire after 90 days unless otherwise specified, but churches are welcome to resubmit their job posting after that time if they wish it to remain on our jobs board. If you would like to remove your job posting before it expires, please contact Carol Gouveia by email or at 416-620-2949.