More About Revitalization for Small Churches
What will we achieve through Revitalization?
- Relate with other churches and recognize that they are not alone on the revitalization journey
- Fully engage each year through study, discussions and workshops
- Take next steps in CBOQ’s “Eight Signs of a Thriving Church” indicators
- Demonstrate an ability to experiment and reflect upon their practice
- Express progress expectations with attainable and measurable timelines
- Imagine, formulate and construct ways they can connect with their communities in mission
- Allow support and strength to be given to pastors so that their own health and development takes place alongside that of the church
How is it structured?
Once a church has viewed an annual introductory video, they will meet bi-monthly in cohorts (of a minimum of four churches) with a revitalization coach. There are different themes in each year – first year is church health, second year is a mission audit and the final year is designed to help churches formulate ongoing revitalization practices. Every church will need access to the Thrive resource https://baptist.ca/churches/life/thrive/ produced by CBOQ.
What is Revitalization for Small Churches?
Revitalization for Small Churches is a coaching and training opportunity that helps churches revitalize through small church gatherings, webinars and coaching. This three-year journey is designed to allow your small church to navigate revitalization opportunities and challenges. You will be joined by other churches who'll form with you a practical learning cohort. To complete this journey it will take commitment and faith, but along the way you will receive comprehensive assistance and encouragement.
The participating church will:
- Apply to join a three-year revitalization cohort
- Use the revitalization preaching/study template
- Will be open to try ideas developed by their team in the learning cohorts
- Will allow a maximum of six people to attend the revitalization cohort. (This could be a pastor, boards, ministry leaders and those particularly interested in the revitalization of their congregation.)
Participants will be responsible to:
- Watch an introductory video at the start of each year
- Read specified chapters in required reading material before each webinar
- Attend 6 webinars a year (1-2 hours each)
- Pastors may attend optional monthly check-ins
- Attend a regional Small Church Revitalization day each year
- Participate in interactive workshops
How to Apply
Revitalization for Small Churches is about walking with your church over a three-year term as you navigate revitalization opportunities and challenges. If your church needs revitalizing, fill out the application. Our Church Life and Leadership team will contact you to let you know the status of your application.