Ways We Grow Together
Several times a year CBOQ offers a guided personal retreat experience providing a blend of online worship and community and off-line personal spiritual practices for pastors, ministry leaders and their spouses.
Learning opportunities offer conversation, story-telling, and mutual learning
- Discipleship Culture Cohort
- Discipleship Culture Series
Spiritual Direction is an opportunity for you to make space for God and His voice in your life, individually and groups.
Formation for NextGen
CBOQ Youth and CBOQ Kids offer a full range of formation ideas and resources specifically for the Next Generation and their families.
Designed by CBWOQ, sessions are designed to help you share your spiritual life with others through a series of gentle questions that spark conversation and connection. These are easily adaptable for any small group setting.
The CBOQ Formation team is available to provide coaching and support for those who are looking to develop a culture of spiritual formation in the church.
New Resource: Spiritual Practices Guide
A guide for a personal retreat or to lead a small group or your leadership team.
- Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster. Classic Introduction to the Disciplines.
- The Spirit of the Disciplines. Dallas Willard. The ‘Why’ of the Spiritual Disciplines.
- Sabbath: Rest, Renewal, and Delight in our Busy Lives, Wayne Muller
An excellent resource for Sabbath and Sabbath practices, beautifully written.
- Good and Beautiful Series (God, Life, and Community), James Bryan Smith
Modern, easy to use series for spiritual formation in small groups, includes spiritual practices.
- Jim Bagley, CBOQ Pastor
- Lisa Brewitt CBOQ Pastor
- Paul Lam, CBOQ Church Life and Leadership Associate
- Sandy Broadus, Emmaus Formation, advisor