“Now, Lord my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David. But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties. Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?”
1 Kings 3:7-9
To lead well, we need to be constantly seeking God’s guidance, honing our skills and talents to be able to serve our churches and communities with integrity and grace. CBOQ has resources, training opportunities and events that are designed to help our CBOQ leaders develop their abilities and connect with God and each other in meaningful ways, equipping them to fully respond to God’s call on their lives.
- Baptist History and Identity Course Leaders Guide
- Baptist History and Identity Course Student Guide
- Pastoral Ethics and Character
- Personal Growth Plan
- Retired Minister's Future Ministry Form
- Strengthening Board-Pastor Relationships: A Toolkit
- Toward the Next Chapter: Considerations for Pastoral Leaders Approaching "Retirement"
- What's Next? I'm Retiring
Discerning your call
- Are you wondering if God is calling you to vocational ministry?
- Wondering what vocational ministry could look like for you?
- Is there someone you know in your church who you sense God may be calling to vocational ministry?
Contact Marc Potvin if you would like to explore further.
Featured Resources for Church Leaders
FOR SMALL CHURCHES
YOUTH MINISTRY TRAINING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
- September 28 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sept 30 | Nov 25 | Jan 27 | March 10 | May 26 10am-12pm The Discipleship Culture series will refle...September 30 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Oct 1 | Oct 15 | Oct 29 | Nov 12 | Nov 26 Are you new to Spiritual Direction? Could Spiritual Dire...October 1 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Designed for pastors, ministry leaders and their spouses, Soul Day is a guided personal retreat expe...October 4 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- October 6 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm