“Now, Lord my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David. But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties. Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?”
1 Kings 3:7-9
To lead well, we need to be constantly seeking God’s guidance, honing our skills and talents to be able to serve our churches and communities with integrity and grace. CBOQ has resources, training opportunities and events that are designed to help our CBOQ leaders develop their abilities and connect with God and each other in meaningful ways, equipping them to fully respond to God’s call on their lives.
- Baptist History and Identity Course Leaders Guide
- Baptist History and Identity Course Student Guide
- Pastoral Ethics and Character
- Personal Growth Plan
- Retired Minister's Future Ministry Form
- Strengthening Board-Pastor Relationships: A Toolkit
- Toward the Next Chapter: Considerations for Pastoral Leaders Approaching "Retirement"
- What's Next? I'm Retiring
Discerning your call
- Are you wondering if God is calling you to vocational ministry?
- Wondering what vocational ministry could look like for you?
- Is there someone you know in your church who you sense God may be calling to vocational ministry?
Join Paul Lam and Marc Potvin as we explore these questions and many more.
Dates: November 24 | December 15 | January 19 | February 23 | March 23 | April 27
Time: 8:00 pm