Grace Baptist Church is seeking to fill the position of Senior Pastor; a person to shepherd, lead and minister to the church congregation.
Overview of Church and Community
Grace has a congregation made up of many diverse ethnic backgrounds. We are located in Canada’s southernmost city, Windsor, Ontario, which sits on the Detroit River and Lake St. Clair. It is a diverse, multicultural and vibrant border city with a population of about 220,000.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
We would like Grace Baptist Church to continue to be a place where people are welcomed from all walks of life and cultures, and where everyone can feel comfortable and grown in Christ. We are looking for a Pastor with a vision for new ways of doing mission and engage in our local community, and who will encourage everyone to live out the gospel and grow through prayer and Bible Study. We are looking for a Pastor who is willing to work with the congregation to move the church forward.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The position requires a person with theological training, ideally a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary or equivalent. Prior ordination is preferred, but not necessary. The candidate should fully support our Baptist convictions and our congregation’s desire to empower every member of the congregation for Mission and Ministry.
Role and Responsibilities
- Preach in a weekly Sunday morning service and lead the midweek Bible study
- Counselling and visitation of church attendees as needed
- Attend regular board and committee meetings
- Has a reasonable understanding of Grace Baptist Church’s Constitution, Ministry Manual and By-Laws
- Hold regular office hours within the Church
- Supportive of ministries within the Church (music, mission, youth, weddings, funerals, etc.)
- Lead, motivate and enable members regarding involvement - Involvement in community outreach
- Willing to visit members who cannot attend service regularly
- Approachable and a person of honesty and integrity
- Strong communication skills, able to present thoughts and teachings in an understandable and relevant manner
- Attentive to members’ needs and open to opinions of others
- Relates well to people of various ethnic backgrounds
- Works as a team with various committees and pastoral staff
- Willingness to strive for new members using various methods of outreach
- Has a comprehensive view of Biblical truth
- Strong preacher, able to make the Gospel clear and relevant to everyday life
- Able to communicate the Gospel to people of all ages and backgrounds
- Open to different methods and strategies of worship and ministry
- Skilled in motivating and enabling people to explore new possibilities
- Relates well with youth and able to communicate with them
Send a letter of application, a resume which includes appropriate references, and a statement of faith to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Grace Baptist Church, visit http://gracebaptistwindsor.com/
Grace Baptist welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.