Do you love God and love children? Then we encourage you to prayerfully consider Logos Baptist Church (Mississauga).
The Children’s Ministry Pastor will serve as the head of the entire children’s ministry, overseeing a team of volunteers that get to love our kids from their first year of life right up to grade 7. The Children’s Ministry Pastor will be part of the pastoral team consisting of our Lead Pastor and five other ministry pastors. The Children’s Pastor will work closely with the other LBCM Pastoral ministries.
Overview of Church and Community
Hi there! Here at Logos, we are a tri-congregational (three languages) community. Our church consists of English, Cantonese, and Mandarin congregations, all working together as one large family under the leadership of one lead pastor. We are a mid-sized church with a combined weekly attendance of 300+. This means you’ll have quite a few children to get to love and pour into.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
Our church’s unified mission is to carry out the Great Commission in the spirit and heart of the Great Commandment. We highly value the roles of evangelism and discipleship in the development and maturity of a church. We believe a healthy church is identified by its sending and serving capacity rather than its seating capacity. While each congregation has its unique approach to this, our vision, heart, and passion are the same. We strive to Love God and Love others.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Seminary Degree (complete or in progress) in Theology or Pastoral Ministry.
- Children Education or related programs preferred but not required.
- Leadership experience in children’s ministry is strongly desired.
- Proficiency in Chinese is helpful but not required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and carry out ministry plans that focus on the spiritual growth and development of the children. This includes Children Sunday Worship, Children Sunday School, Children Fellowship, and Special events
- Select, create and implement appropriate curriculum and materials
- Recruit and train volunteers to serve in children’s ministry
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee children’s summer camps
- Provide pastoral care to children and partner with their parents
- Equip and provide support to parents to help them have a lasting and God-honouring influence on their children that “trains them up in the way they should go.”
- The successful candidate with be a fully devoted follower of Christ who has a godly passion for loving and training up children. We do not see children’s ministry as an “entry-level” job or as a “stepping stone,” but rather, we deeply value this high calling of raising the next generation, and the suitable candidate should feel the same.
- The candidate must live above reproach and be a believer in character, integrity, maturity, humility, and discipline.
- Be a strong communicator of God's truths in an age-appropriate manner suitable for children
- Be a strong strategic planner and leader who can empower and mobilize volunteers to execute plans while aligning them to LBCM’s mission and values.
- The successful candidate should be able to work independently but should also be great at working with others.
Apply now! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
LBCM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.