- This event has passed.
Character and Characteristics of Church Planting Today
April 17 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 7:00 pm, repeating until April 18, 2023
April 13-18, 2023 7 – 9 pm
Registration is closed
Six evening classes to equip you for church planting where God has called you to be.
Major Themes of the Course:
- Theology of café church
- The connection between church coffee shop and community,
- How to run a café church.
- Evangelism distance, understanding culture & the Engel Scale.
- Mapping your Neighbourhood.
- Spiritual warfare
- Taking the temperature of your community.
- Church planting timeline.
- Characteristics of a church planter and the church planting team
- Church planting models Course Learning Objectives:
- Students will be able to define what a cafe church is, the transferable principles that can be used to start a new church and why this is important in a Western context.
- This course will enable students to develop their own practice of analysing communities and their needs
- Students will be able to describe the main traits of a church planter
- Students will be able to recognize the impact of spiritual warfare on the church planting task and be aware of different approaches towards a solution.
- Students will understand what it means to be ‘missional’ and how this differs from ‘attractional’ mission
- Students will be able to appreciate a biblical foundation for mission, including understanding terms like ‘missio Dei’ its significance for all church planting endeavours.
- Students will be able to distinguish between different church planting and evangelism models and evaluate them.
Register is closed