Work within a team setting to oversee and develop our growing Young Life Division (YLD) ministries, with a focus on Grade 7-12 students.
Overview of Church and Community
Currently the church has a team of 10 pastoral staff and about 1000 congregants across four Divisions: English (~150+ people), Mandarin (~200 people), Cantonese (~500 people) and Young Life Division (~150 people). The church is strategically situated next to Hwy 404 between Major Mackenzie Drive E. and 16th Avenue in a residential area developed over the past 20 years and is expanding into the north with predominately Asian origin.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- With calling from God and with strong passion to serve in the body of Christ
- Theological education: M.Div. or above from an accredited and recognized theological institution
- Pastoral experience in North America of similar church size and culture preferred
- Excellent communication skills in Knowledge of Chinese is an asset
- Strong computer and technological
- Be a team player and cooperate with other Divisional pastors for ministry alignment and church unity
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee and develop YLD ministries on Sunday mornings and on weeknights for students from Grade 7 to 12
- Preach; teach Sunday School
- Provide visitation and pastoral counselling; reach out to parents
- Select and review curriculum materials and educational tools
- Recruit, train and coordinate various activities with volunteers
- Develop and motivate leaders
- Attend prayer meetings and regular ministry meetings
Deacon Richard Wong YLDHiring@mcbc.com
Church Phone Number: 905-887-6222
NB: People with disabilities are welcome and will be accommodated upon successful selection.