The “Youth & Family Ministries Pastor” shall be accountable for leadership of the youth program and oversight of all other family ministries at Banwell Community Church (BCC); the position may also oversee other miscellaneous areas of church ministry. Overall, this individual will collaborate with the Senior Pastor in creating and fostering a culture of Christ-centeredness in the family unit; as a result, the candidate must be willing to act in step with the Senior Pastor’s vision. In training and transitioning kids to youth to young adults and young families, it is expected that the “Youth & Family Ministries Pastor” will develop a long-term strategy for multi-generational faith at BCC.
Overview of Church and Community
Banwell Community Church (BCC) is located in Windsor, ON, and ministers to individuals and communities from all over Windsor-Essex County. BCC is a Bible-believing church that seeks to minister to all ages and abilities; furthermore, BCC strives to be a home for faith to all generations.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
To glorify God and to make disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited theological seminary in Canada or the U.S.A.;
- One year of relevant youth ministry leadership;
- One year of exposure to general family ministry;
- Five years of church involvement since first profession of faith;
- Three references (from work, school, and the community) validating that the candidate is above reproach.
Role and Responsibilities
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ongoing development of family programs (ie. Nursery / Preschool, Children’s Church, Youth Group);
- Oversight of “Nursery / Preschool” and “Children’s Church” volunteer base
- Primary leadership of the weekly Youth Ministry while maintaining the existing volunteer base;
- Relationship-building with church youth / families to mentor and guide through life circumstances
- Training / scheduling of volunteers; step in when volunteers are unable to fulfill commitments;
- Ongoing development of “user’s manual” for adherents interested in volunteering in family ministries;
- Weekly interaction and reporting at staff meetings; monthly reporting of family ministries updates;
- Preparation and oversight of annual budgets related to youth and family ministries.
Secondary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Weekly vision meetings with Senior Pastor to identify milestones for personal spiritual growth;
- Monthly vision meetings with Senior Pastor to identify milestones for the church’s spiritual growth;
- Preparation of quarterly personal professional development plan;
- Assist the Senior Pastor in achieving the milestones identified in monthly vision meetings;
- Provide technical support for organization’s staff, volunteers, and small group leaders;
- Community outreach to secondary and post-secondary students;
- Encourage youth participation in Sunday services;
- Prepare Sunday service videos, lyrics, slides, etc. in accordance with the service outline;
- Record video announcements; edit Children's Church videos for use during Sunday services;
- Participate in the Sunday service (as needed);
- Communicate with volunteers / staff regarding changes to protocol and / or service structure.
- Heart for ministry;
- Organized (but willing to pivot);
- Able to work in a team setting;
- Able to take direction in accomplishing tasks and keeping step with the organization’s vision;
All resumes and cover letters are to be addressed to:
Aaron D. Blata
Chair, Human Resources Committee / Search Committee
Banwell Community Church
Email submissions are preferred; hard copies sent to the church will not be reviewed.
Banwell Community Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.