We are seeking a Youth Co-ordinator to fulfill a two-year contract, full-time 40 hour week. It is our hope that this contract will transition into a permanent position. We seek to integrate children and youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational striving to unite and complement other church ministries.
Our ultimate intention is to take church outside the walls and into the community with relevant activities ie sports camps, after school activities, creative art shows, Bible clubs, involvement with local schools etc. Providing energetic and empowering leadership in executing current programs and creating new ones. The position includes working in collaboration with the pastor and lay volunteers that minister to children.
Overview of Church and Community
First Baptist Ingersoll is a multi-generational body of believers. We are a worshipping community empowered by the Holy Spirit to share Christ with everyone. The town of Ingersoll is a very established and a friendly place to live, it is made up many of the newer households who have sought employment in this area or those who commute to the neighbouring cities. It is a very cherished and special community that we believe has immense potential for God to move and touch lives for His eternal glory. As such, we desire to reach out more to the needs within our community.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A degree from an accredited academic institution in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in working with children and youth
- Excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong team player and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in basic computer software
Role and Responsibilities
- Background in child development or education an asset.
- Minimum of three years of experience related to Children’s Ministry in a local church or a Christian organization
- A heart and passion for children and youth ministry
- Helping our youth discover how they can live out a vitalized faith as they navigate the complexities of their current stage of life.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Striving for personal spiritual growth through daily Bible reading, prayer, and fellowshipping in a Christian community
- A passion and vision to evangelize to and disciple children with the joint effort of the church and their family at home
- A passion for using social media and other online tools to establish and grow a virtual community with our youth.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a small or a large group setting
- Awareness of issues specially related to children and youth .ie mental health, substance abuse, cyber-bullying.
- Complete a screening and police check, and to sign covenant of care
- Required to attend training in accordance to our abuse prevention program in association with Plan to Protect
First Baptist Church, Ingersoll welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. ***
Search Committee - Youth Co-ordinator
First Baptist Church, Ingersoll
235 Thames St. S. Ingersoll, Ontario, N5C 2T6
Only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.