We are looking to hire a youth co-ordinator to provide leadership and assistance to children and youth. This may include Sunday School, Jr. High youth and Sr. high events. Also, to explore opportunities to reach our community at Easter, Christmas, March Break, and Summer Camp(s) i.e., VBS, Sports camp.
Overview of Church and Community
First Baptist Ingersoll is a multi-generational body of believers. We are a worshipping community empowered by the Holy Spirit to share Christ with everyone. We want to invest in the next generation. We desire to aim our ministry outreach intentionally by connecting with church youth and their families, community children and their families, and in so doing building relationships. We seek to integrate children and youth ministry into all phases of church life by providing energetic, empowering activities and creating new ones. The position includes working in collaboration with the Director of Children and Youth Ministry, and lay volunteers who minister to children.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
The church is the family of Christ (Mark 3:34-35) that seeks the presence and purposes of God. Our congregation is an intergenerational blend of faithful remnant & emergent believers. We have an authentic atmosphere of worship, sharing, and learning.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A deep and growing relationship with Christ
- A heart and passion for children and youth ministry
- A passion for people, for building community and outreach
- Spiritual sensitivity and maturity
- Strong relational skills and demonstrated effectiveness in collaborating with teams and leading teams.
- Biblical teaching skills
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner demonstrated initiative and is motivated.
- Candidate will have Theological Training (optional) or experience in working with Children and Youth
- Candidate must agree with our statement of faith and will demonstrate his/her sound biblical faith through their life and leadership.
- Required Police Check
Role and Responsibilities
- Primary leadership of the weekly Youth Ministry in collaboration with the existing volunteer base (mid-week Youth, senior high activities)
- Participating in CBOQ Youth events such as Centre Court, Blizzard, Avalanche
- Developing, equipping, and training junior youth leaders
- To build relationships with children, youth, and their families within the congregation and greater community
- General oversight of Sunday morning children’s program
- In collaboration with the Director of Children and Youth Ministry. the planning and organizing of special events such as VBS, Summer Camp, Christmas, Easter, etc.
- Building continuity within the church family, including community-building activities i.e., March Break, family games night
- Collaborate with the Director of Children and Youth Ministry in developing themes and identifying ministry opportunities.
- To provide opportunities for children and youth to live out their faith through participation in church services, community, and outreach.
- To develop a strategic plan to reach Sr. High youth.
Please submit resume to: Cindy Pierson firstname.lastname@example.org
First Baptist Church Ingersoll welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.