The primary responsibility of the part-time worship leader will be to lead and grow the music worship ministry at SPBC. In constant reliance on Jesus Christ, he/ she will provide this leadership by modelling a life of Christian discipleship, loving and praying for those under their leadership, and overseeing, encouraging, recruiting and helping train volunteers in this ministry, while serving as the primary worship leader on Sunday mornings.
Overview of Church and Community
Stanley Park Baptist Church is a multi-ethnic, theologically conservative, evangelistic congregation who believe that the Bible is indeed God’s Word for us, and who worship in a blended/ contemporary style that is diverse and accessible to all.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A mature faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to serve him through the local church
- Proven experience, gifting and passion in leading corporate worship
- Theological and music training at the post-secondary level preferred. Vocal and instrumental proficiency (either guitar or piano).
- Is willing and qualified to join the membership of Stanley Park Baptist Church upon hiring in full agreement of our statement of faith.
Role and Responsibilities
With God’s help the worship leader…
- Provides leadership, vision, and passion for Stanley Park Baptist Church in the area of music worship ministries that is in keeping with our vision and mission.
- Coordinates with the Senior Pastor and worship team leaders to create well-planned and engaging Sunday morning worship services each week. This includes leading Sunday Worship services and overseeing the worship teams (vocalists and instrumentalists). Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Senior Pastor and worship team leaders to coordinate the music for the Sunday service.
- Takes a hands-on role in leading worship vocally and with a guitar and/or keyboard typically 2 out of every 4 Sundays;
Selects appropriate music and materials, in consultation with the senior pastor and worship teams
- Recruits and trains volunteers with the requisite character and skill to serve in this ministry and provides them with guidance, encouragement, correction, and further training as required
- Develops and administers an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
(for a complete job description, see contact info. below)
- Flexibility in scheduling.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A team player.
For further information or to apply please send a resume email@example.com or call 519-576-1100
Stanley Park Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.