FBC Welland is seeking an appropriate candidate/candidates to fill the Part Time position/positions of Worship Ministries Director and/or Family Ministries Director.
Overview of Church and Community
FBC Welland is affiliated with the Canadian Baptist of Ontario and Quebec. We are a theologically conservative, evangelistic family of believers. Our motto: Glorifying God by Coming to Jesus, Growing in Jesus & Sharing Jesus. It’s All about Jesus!
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The person we are looking for must, of course, have a personal growing walk with our Lord Jesus Christ, with a passion to serve Him in these areas of our churches need.
Qualifications, training and experience should align with the requirements of the ministries whether that be Musical, Youth oriented, Christian Ed or Family oriented education and experience.
Role and Responsibilities
In regard to the Worship Ministries Director. The responsibilities would include:
- Hands on leadership in our Sunday morning services. Leading both the upfront team as well as the FBC Family in a time of focused praise and worship.
- Recruiting and developing others in this ministry not only musically but also spiritually.
- Evaluating and envisioning the needs for a continuing, growing, effective ministry and working with the Lead Pastor and the Servant/Leadership Team to accomplish that end.
In regard to the Family Ministries Director. The responsibilities would include:
- Hands on leadership in some of the specific ministries (Jungle Safari, Awana, VBS, Nursery) with a purposeful oversight of other specific ministries.
- Oversight would include the coordination of training between age grouped ministries aiming at an always increasing growth and understanding of Gods love for His children and His call upon their lives. (At present we do have ministries that include ages 5 thru adult)
- Recruiting and equipping others into leadership and/or mentoring positions within specific ministries.
- Planning outreach events that would encourage and support an evangelistic heart within our families.
- Develop and discuss vision and goals of the Family Ministries with the Lead Pastor and the Servant/Leadership Team.
Love Jesus, Love people, kind hearted and walking in the fruits of the Holy Spirit. We like our Servant/Leadership People to be FAT! Flexible, Adaptable & Teachable!
For a more detailed Job Description please call 905 734-3312 or contact us through our email, firstname.lastname@example.org
FBC Welland welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.