The Worship Associate will work with the Lead Pastor to provide oversight and coordination of celebrative, meaningful worship services and oversee the church’s music ministries and ensembles (as needed). One year contract – to be reviewed annually.
TIME COMMITMENT (8-10 hrs per week) includes:
- Participation in staff meetings (bi-weekly)
- Practise time with worship team
- Sunday morning worship services
- Planning Center Online Interactions
Overview of Church and Community
King’s Community Church was planted just over 20 years ago out of the deep spiritual heritage of Chartwell Baptist Church. We are affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ). Our congregation of 70 people has a vision that is strongly missional in focus and we are poised to launch initiatives towards the fulfillment of that calling. We worship in a high school facility located in North Oakville in the middle of new residential developments. We see this as an incredible opportunity to impact the communities around us for the Kingdom of God.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
Mission: Pursuing God and See Lives Transformed Together.
Vision: "As broken people, loved by God, we are seeking to experience the fullness of His love, so that it overflows in the world."
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Able to clearly articulate his/her Christian faith and theological understanding of Christian worship.
- Experience and/or education in the music field and familiarity with classical anthems, hymns, praise and worship music
- Pianist and/or Guitarist (other instruments an asset)
- Able to work with and provide leadership to worship team(s), ensemble(s), children
- Computer skills (able to maintain timely communication with staff by email and social media)
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Successful clearance of Police Record Check for the vulnerable sector.
Role and Responsibilities
- Attend and contribute to Sunday morning worship gatherings (weekly)
- Lead worship two times each month (includes planning and practices)
- Encourage and support other worship leaders, continuing to foster and strengthen the team based approach at King’s
- Manage the worship schedule, by administering and using Planning Center Online tool (including Sundays and special seasonal gatherings – Christmas, Easter, etc.)
- Coordinate the worship schedule in conjunction with Lead Pastor and other staff utilizing the people and resources within King’s, i.e. musicians, vocalists and current worship leaders
- Mentor appropriate people for the worship ministry, working with and encouraging them to develop their musical gifts, as well as, leading in worship
- Participate in regular feedback, evaluation and planning of worship gatherings by being part of the biweekly staff meeting 8. Bring vision, foster growth and develop the music ministry
- Bring vision, foster growth and develop the music ministry
- Be familiar with the sound system and assist in coordinating and communicating with those in this ministry
Please submit resume to Pastor Paul Mittelstaedt - firstname.lastname@example.org
King's Community Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.