The Teaching and Worship Pastor works within a team setting to equip the English congregation of diverse age groups of predominantly Asian origin through the sound teaching of the Word of God. The Teaching and Worship Pastor is responsible for developing and implementing a vision for leading the English congregation in authentic worship.
Overview of Church and Community
Currently the church has a team of pastoral staff and 1100+ congregants across four Divisions: English (~200 people), Mandarin (~200 people), Cantonese (~600 people) and Young Life Division (~150 people). The church is strategically situated next to Hwy 404 between Major Mackenzie Drive E. and 16th Avenue in a residential area developed over the past 20 years and is expanding into the north with predominately Asian origin.
Role and Responsibilities
- Focus primarily on pulpit ministry
- Create a biblical and engaging worship experience for regular weekly services
- Oversee, mentor, train and recruit worship team members
- Contribute within a team setting to the development of the English Division and the entire church
- Be involved in teaching and prayer ministries as well as general pastoral duties
- Serve as mentor to the assigned Small Groups, shepherd Small Group Leaders, visit those groups on a regular basis and offer support and realistic help to them
- Attend prayer meetings and ministry meetings
• Strong teaching and preaching gifts
• In-depth knowledge in biblical worship
• With calling from God and with strong passion to serve in the body of Christ
• Theological education: M.Div. or above from an accredited and recognized theological institution
• At least 10 years pastoral experience in North America of similar church size and culture
with preaching as one of the primary focus
• Excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of Chinese is an asset
• Accredited by or willing to seek accreditation with CBOQ
• Be a team player and cooperate with other Divisional pastors for ministry alignment and church unity
Deacon Daniel Woo
Church Phone Number: 905-887-6222
NB: People with disabilities are welcome and will be accommodated upon successful selection.