We are seeking a student who is interested in working with media and technology at Westview Baptist Church over the summer. The position will be 30 hours per week with a planned start date of July 6th for 8 weeks. Applications are being accepted until June 10th, 2021.
Overview of Church and Community
Westview is located on the south-west corner of London and has an average Sunday attendance of 200. We are a church known as a very active church, we are friendly and welcoming, and are family oriented.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
Our mission statement is summarized as “Growing spiritually in Christ through worship, fellowship and outreach.” Our vision is to see Westmount and the world flocking to Jesus Christ.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be between 15 to 30 years old
- Must have a completed Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Prefer student who plans to, or is studying in areas relating to working with media, photography and/ or technology
- Must have access to computer and internet as employee may need to work from home
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare and run media presentations for Sundays including live streaming the church service.
- Learn to use the sound and AV system and varying computer systems and programs
- Database input
- Create videos to be shared online or during Sunday mornings
- Research new media that can be incorporated into use
- Run media for Children’s Summer Camp
- Take photos to promote church activities including summer camp
- Prefer experience with photography, using social media and computer technology
- Respect basic Christian principles and Westview Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and submit to the authority therein.
- Prefer student who plans to or is studying in areas relating to working with media, photography and/ or technology.
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: Westview Baptist Church, 1000 Wonderland Rd. S; London, Ontario; N6K 3S4 or email to Tina at email@example.com
Westview Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. ***