We are looking for a bi-lingual (English and Portuguese) Senior Pastor to take over leadership upon retirement of our current Senior Pastor. The Senior Pastor will lead the church, preaching in our weekly English Service, supported by our Part-time Brazilian Pastor who speaks in our weekly Portuguese Service.
Overview of Church and Community
Good News Church is a multi-cultural community of English-speaking and Portuguese-speaking believers. We are looking for a passionate full-time pastor to lead our church, consisting of 175+ members from children to adult. Our leadership structure consists of a single board of elders represented by both the English and Portuguese speaking congregations.
We have a small English congregation, an aging Portuguese community and a growing Brazilian congregation of young families with exciting ministry opportunities ahead.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Called by God to pastoral ministry with a heart and passion for people, evangelism and discipleship.
- Fulfill the biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Minimum 3 years of lead pastor experience.
- Able to minister in both the English and Portuguese language.
- Demonstrate a current and active church ministry.
- Graduated from an accredited and recognized theological seminary with a Bachelor degree in pastoral ministry or equivalent.
- Demonstrate a clear testimony of faith and a passionate devotion to Christ and His church.
- Maintain a strong devotional life of worship, prayer and personal study of God’s Word.
- Live out and teach a lifestyle of adherence to biblical standards of morality, ethics and the fruit of the Spirit.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, being able to relate to all age groups, keep confidences and able to share your ministry with Associate Pastors and Elders as part of a ministry team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Preach God’s Word at Sunday worship services and special events of the church.
- Teach the Scriptures in a Bible Study format and/or in small group setting as part of the church’s ministry of evangelism and discipleship.
- Provide vision, understanding, encouragement and oversight for the church in the pursuit of its 3-fold purpose: Evangelize, Establish, Equip.
- Model and encourage prayer in the congregation and conduct scheduled prayer meetings for the church and any called for special occasions, needs and circumstances.
- Administer biblical ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and Baptisms.
- Conduct and officiate weddings and funerals when requested.
- Serve as moderator or assistant moderator of congregational meetings.
- Provide pastoral counselling for individuals, pre-marital, marital and conflict resolution counselling – making referrals to professionals when necessary.
- Provide, facilitate and organize pastoral care for all within the church.
- Ability to handle business and administrative duties – with minimal support staff.
- Willingness to maintain, clean and upkeep church facilities.
- Recognize importance of local community, being accessible locally.
- Value teamwork and have leadership and communication skills.
- Able to communicate the Gospel to people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Able to motivate / enable others and to handle relational issues.
- Uphold the importance of teaching and preaching, having the ability to teach others how to understand the Bible.
Please send application to email@example.com
Good News Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.