We are a tri-congregational evangelical church seeking a Senior Pastor with honesty and integrity, who genuinely cares for the church, upholds the importance of understanding the Bible, and desires to share their passion in Christ. Our church is looking for a leader who is called by the Holy Spirit to care for the church and to oversee all the ministries with a pastoral team and other church leaders.
Overview of Church and Community
Established 1975, Montreal Chinese Baptist Church (MCBC) is in Downtown Montreal, just North of the Chinatown and east of McGill University, we have been a hub for students attending universities nearby. In the early 90’s, MCBC had a church-planting vision. It materialized in 1997 when the Montreal City West Baptist Church was planted in Ville Saint- Laurent.
Currently, MCBC has an estimated 200 members within 3 different language specific congregations (English, Mandarin and Cantonese). Members of the congregations are predominately Chinese immigrants and their descendants. All 3 congregations share a unified leadership board, but each has its own committee overseeing its Sunday school, worship ministry, evangelism, fellowship and caring ministry. Similarly, each congregation has its own worship service and Sunday school. The children ministry is jointly organized by all 3 congregations.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
Our mission is to first ensure we follow Jesus, so we can be a vehicle to help other people in Montreal (and beyond) to know Jesus, and then to become his followers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Graduated from accredited and recognized theological seminaries with a master’s degree in divinity (MDiv) or a doctoral degree is an asset.
- 5 years or more of pastoral experience in a church
- Working level of English and Cantonese. Able to communicate in Mandarin
Role and Responsibilities
- Preach in the weekly Sunday
- To ensure that the congregants are well cared for by different existing ministries /
- To provide counselling and conduct visitation of church attendees as
- Attend regular meetings of the Board of Deacons, and of other committees as
Details will be further discussed during
- Value teamwork and have leadership and communication
- Able to communicate the Gospel to people of all ages and
- Able to motivate / enable others and to handle relational issues.
- Uphold the importance of teaching and preaching. Have the ability to teach others how to understand the
Please contact Janet Li and Kin Li at firstname.lastname@example.org
Montreal Chinese Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.