To shepherd, lead and minister to the church congregation as a Senior Pastor.
Overview of Church and Community
After 30 years of service the senior Pastor of Grace Baptist Church has decided to retire and we are seeking to fill his position. Grace Baptist Church is a member of the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec with approximately 140 members attending weekly. The congregation is made up of many diverse ethnic backgrounds and our primary service is held in English every Sunday at 11AM. In addition to the weekly English service, other services are held in Slovak and Serbo-Croatian languages. Grace Baptist Church is located in Canada's southernmost city, Windsor, Ontario, which sits on the Detroit River and Lake St Clair. It is a diverse, multicultural and vibrant border city with a population of about 220,000.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The position requires a person with theological training, ideally a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary or equivalent. Prior ordination is preferred, but not necessary. The candidate should fully support our Baptist convictions and our congregations desire to empower every member of the congregation for mission and ministry.
- Has a comprehensive view of Biblical truth
- Strong preacher, able to make the gospel plain, clear and relevant to everyday life.
- Able to communicate the gospel to people of all ages and backgrounds
- Open to different methods and strategies of worship and ministry
- Involved in community outreach
- Skilled in motivating and enabling people to explore new possibilities
- Able to counsel people facing problems or decisions
- Holds regular office hours within the church
- Relates well with youth and able to communicate with them
- Supportive of ministries within the church (music, mission, youth, weddings, funerals, etc.)
Role and Responsibilities
Preach in weekly Sunday morning service and lead midweek Bible study.
Counselling and visitation of church attendees as needed.
Attend regular meetings of the Deacons Board.
- Approachable and a person of honesty and integrity
- Strong communication skills, able to present thoughts and teachings in an understandable and relevant manner
- Attentive to members’ needs and open to opinions of others
- Relates well to people of various ethnic backgrounds
- Senior Pastor and our Associate Pastor work together as a team, Senior Pastor maintaining the leadership role
- Willing to visit members who cannot attend service regularly
- Has demonstrated a pattern of growth in a previous church or a strong willingness to strive for new members as a new Pastor
Send a letter of application, a resume which includes appropriate references, and a statement of faith to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Grace Baptist Church, visit http://gracebaptistwindsor.com/.
Grace Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.