We are prayerfully seeking a dynamic and mature leader to fill the senior/lead pastoral position. The senior/lead pastor will be an articulate advocate and communicator for the vision of MCWBC for the glory of God. This person will be the primary leader, teacher, and visionary and will have a broad responsibility for the spiritual welfare, growth and life of the church in all areas including discipleship, evangelism, and equipping the congregation for service. The senior/lead pastor is to embody the essence of a shepherd and servant leader with a gift of teaching and preaching God's words.
Overview of Church and Community
Montreal City West Baptist Church (MCWBC) is a young multi-generational church of about 300 worshipers on the island of Montreal. We are evolving from a Cantonese-speaking heritage church to a second-generation multi-ethnic community, with a strong sense of mission and discipleship. Our ministries surround the core values of Worship, Instruction, Fellowship and Evangelism. The church is experiencing growth in the students, career, and young family ministries.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Qualities, Experience and Vision
- Have a faithful and mature relationship with the living God.
- An ordained minister with a solid biblical/theological foundation that aligns with our Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ) values.
- Graduated from an accredited seminary.
- Have a minimum of ten years of pastoral and teaching experience in a multi-staff church setting.
- Fluent in Cantonese and English. French and Mandarin are of asset.
- Display a track record of personal management, leadership, and professionalism and have developed a personal model for Gospel-driven productivity.
- Have a strong interpersonal skills, teamwork oriented, and the ability to lead others from diverse background.
- Be actively seeking to lead his family into relationship with Christ. The lead pastor’s family should be supportive of God’s call on his life.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Expectations
Responsible for leading the staff and church body in carrying out purpose and values of the church, which includes overseeing and directing the teaching ministry, and the growth of the church.
- Encourage and shepherd the spiritual formation of the congregation as the lead teacher.
- Nurture and communicate the vision for the church to all staff, leadership and laity.
- Oversee and encourage multiplication of ministry (vision development, teaching, leadership) by developing and empowering both the staff and lay leadership of the church.
- Oversee the planning and leading of worship services.
- Lead the staff through appropriate direction, supervision, evaluation, counsel, care and accountability.
- Work with deacons in overseeing the spiritual needs of the body and the integrity of the ministry as it relates to the church’s purpose and values.
- Mentoring, empowering and provide spiritual support to staff and church leaders for effective balanced ministry.
- Serve as a bridge between the different ministries and congregations within the church.
- Accountable to the Board of Directors.
Maintain consistent Christian testimony, stay fresh in relationship with Christ, effective with family and creative in ministry. Maintain relational, spiritual and professional trust with other deacons and staff.
For further information please send to Pastor Selection Committee, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For our consideration, please submit the following:
- A current resume - addressing core qualifications and work experience
- Three references - provide the name, phone number and email address for each of your references.
MCWBC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.