Under the supervision of the Executive Minister, the Senior Director of Operations oversees all internal (communications, financial, administrative) functions of CBOQ and participates in Board and Executive Committee meetings. To that end, this role focuses on:
- Creating and implementing a plan for CBOQ to achieve its organizational priorities
- Ensuring the smooth running of all internal aspects of the organization
- Championing the vision, mission and values of CBOQ to our member churches, staff and volunteers
Overview of Church and Community
About Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
Based in Etobicoke, Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ) equips churches and their leaders as they engage in their mission from God in their community. Comprised of about 340 churches, CBOQ is training, equipping and caring for pastors. We are helping to plant fresh expressions of faith, strengthening existing churches and connecting them with the tools and opportunities they need to thrive. We are serving the next generation by creating resources and experiences for young people and their leaders to expand their love of God and love of each other. We’re telling our churches’ stories to encourage and inspire them, building up our whole family through the good news of what Christ is accomplishing through us. We love and care for our churches and leaders. We love and care for our employees. We are warm and welcoming; we take the time to listen and genuinely understand; we have empathy during tough times, and we make a positive difference in one another’s lives daily. We develop a servant spirit as a significant part of who we are in Christ.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Leadership - Works well with a wide range of individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement and direction.
- Strategic Thinking – Analyzes the current issues faced by non-profit organizations in order to develop current and long term strategies.
- Resource and Fiscal Management – Develops priorities and plans for the strategic use of finances and resources in order to meet organizational objectives that are aligned with financial constraints.
- Innovative and a “can do” attitude - Able to think creatively to develop new solutions that meet current and future needs. Looking to grow and learn with an outlook that is positive and strives to take on challenges.
- Service Orientation - Strives for excellence, delivering the highest quality care and resources possible to those we serve.
- Teamwork – Places high value on teamwork and sets values and objectives that encourages team cohesiveness.
- Accountability - Takes ownership of personal workload, as well as the workload of employees under his/her direction.
- Communication - Expresses and shares information with consistency and clarity.
- A mature faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to serve through the church
- Commitment to the mission, faith and core values of CBOQ
- Passionate about making organizations work
- Experience leading and forming an organization internally
- Experience with a broad scope of responsibility (manages variety and complexity)
- Experience managing others to outcomes
- Demonstrated success with coaching and development of people
- Sound analytical, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports
- Seven years of progressive experience in a management role, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Will become, or is currently a member of, a local CBOQ congregation
- Ability to travel in the CBOQ constituency and more widely as required to represent CBOQ
Role and Responsibilities
- Live out CBOQ’s mission, vision, and values
- A member of the Leadership Team, provide input to the development of organizational strategies and priorities
- Create and implement a plan for CBOQ to achieve its organizational priorities
- Create and implement a systems/infrastructure/operational strategy that addresses all aspects of the organization’s operations
- Provides input into the development of a fundraising strategy that focuses on church giving and individual donors and oversees its implementation
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the strategic direction of the financial, administrative and IT management functions for the organization
- Oversee management fiduciary responsibilities of the organization ensuring statutory and board policy compliance, appropriate control and risk management.
- Oversee management of health and safety program and compliance
- Assist the Board with governance, as required
- Develop and implement a human resources strategy that addresses all stages of the employee and volunteer cycle
- Oversee management of human resources functions such as compensation, recruitment, performance management, personnel policies and procedures and regulatory compliance
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a communications strategy that serves our churches and increases engagement with our resources
- Develop and oversee the implementation of corporate and internal communications strategies
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a strategy that builds and strengthens the relationship between CBOQ and its member churches and educates our members on the expectations of membership
Qualified candidates may apply by December 31, 2020 to:
Tim McCoy, Executive Minister, through the link below.
Please note that to be considered, all applications must be submitted via this link.
All candidates whose training, experience and aptitudes meet the requirements for the job will be considered. CBOQ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.