The ministry of planning, preparing and leading the Sunday morning worship service. The ministry’s purpose is to create an atmosphere to connect with all generations and to draw the congregation into corporate worship. Part of this ministry will include encouraging participation of individuals within the church body allowing development of their musical and leadership gifts.
Overview of Church and Community
Centennial Park Baptist Church is located near the center of the friendly town of Grimsby adjacent to Centennial Park and Nelles Public School. We are a welcoming church that is active in the community.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
A born again believer in Jesus Christ who is in agreement with our church’s belief’s and doctrines (www.grimsbybaptist.org) . Have the ability to plan, prepare and lead worship services, with strong vocal ability. Proficient in piano or guitar with some experience accompanying groups preferred. Knowledge of a variety of different church music styles. Team player with good relational and communication skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Planning, preparing and leading Sunday morning worship service at 10:30am to 12:00pm. Sunday mornings present prior to the service for warm up and sound check as needed.
- Direct a weekday evening worship team practice that both prepares for the Sunday service and develops new music to be introduced to the congregation.
- Attend a weekly staff meeting and develop a weekly order of service in coordination with the senior pastor and communicate it in advance to the members of the praise and tech teams.
- Work with the sound technicians to ensure that the sound system and PowerPoint presentation software are working properly and ready for the service.
- Recruit and/or develop new musicians, singers and tech team members sufficient to carry out the weekly needs of the service and to prepare for future needs.
- Solo special performances are welcome but not required. Other opportunities such as playing for weddings and funerals may occur which will be optional and reimbursed independently by the parties involved.
Have the ability to plan, prepare and lead worship services, with strong vocal ability. Proficient in piano or guitar with some experience accompanying groups preferred.
Submit resume to Michelle Cline at firstname.lastname@example.org
Centennial Park Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.