Port Colborne Baptist Church is seeking a part-time pastor to lead its congregation to fulfilling God’s purpose.
Overview of Church and Community
Port Colborne Baptist Church is seeking a part-time pastor to lead its congregation to fulfilling God’s purpose. Port Colborne Baptist Church has been a witness for Christ in Port Colborne since 1857. Our city is located in the Niagara Region, on the north shore of Lake Erie at the southern terminus of the Welland Canal. The population of our small city is approximately 18,000. Our church is a member of the Niagara Hamilton Association of Baptist Churches, CBOQ (the Canadian Baptist of Ontario & Quebec) & the local Port Colborne Wainfleet Association. In addition to our Sunday service & prior to Covid restrictions we gathered weekly for Men’s & Women’s Bible Study.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
We are a Church committed to nurture one another, to reach out to others in Christian love & to make disciples for Jesus Christ to the glory of God.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Master of Divinity, from an accredited and recognized theological institution. Accredited by or willing to seek accreditation with CBOQ.
5 years of experience leading an intergenerational congregation.
Role and Responsibilities
- The Pastor will be the primary preacher for Sunday worship services.
- Oversee the pastoral care needs of the congregation including, hospital visitation, home visits, counseling, marriage and funeral as needed.
- The Pastor also will provide leadership in discipleship.
- The Pastor will meet with other local pastors to provide spiritual guidance for the community.
- Work with Committee Chairs, Spiritual Life Board and Administration Board to minister to the spiritual needs of the congregation and surrounding community.
Must have effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Must be proficient with Excel, Powerpoint and Word and social media.
Send resume to the following email address: PortColborneBaptist@gmail.com
Port Colborne Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.