FBC is seeking a Pastor of Youth and Young Adults to join our Next Gen Ministry Team. This part-time role will contribute to the leadership of a vibrant youth ministry and a developing young adult ministry, which are aligned with the overall mission and vision of the church.
Overview of Church and Community
First Baptist Church is a vibrant, multi-generational faith community located in the heart of Charlottetown, with approximately 300 worshipers who call FBC home and are committed to following Jesus together. With a particular focus on families & youth, a variety of programs and small groups focus on growing individuals to understand who they are in Christ and to experience the love of God personally. This is also reflected in our inspiring, uplifting weekly worship service led by gifted musicians and vocalists to bring glory to God and share His love with all His children. At FBC we also recognize the importance of the larger community and are committed to serving and supporting many people through FBC initiatives and by partnering with other Christian organizations locally and globally.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A personal commitment to follow Jesus Christ and a strong developing faith
- Bachelor Degree of Theology or equivalent is preferred
- Previous involvement in Youth Ministry is required
- If not already, the successful candidate is expected to become a member of FBC.
- Participate in ongoing training and development opportunities in youth ministry
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead a Christ-centered community for youth (Grade 7 to Grade 12) that emphasizes peer relationships, faith exploration, and ongoing discipleship and mentorship into adulthood in a fun and safe environment.
- Lead and oversee the execution of the weekly youth night, "Solid Rock Youth.”
- Adhere to safety policies and parental communication expectations for all FBC-sanctioned ministries involving minors and vulnerable individuals.
- Implement "structured flexibility" in the youth ministry schedule, fostering additional opportunities for gatherings, which could include partnering together with other youth groups on PEI.
- Work alongside and support a team of dedicated volunteer leaders, ensuring their commitment is rewarding and beneficial to their own spiritual growth.
- Grow in increased awareness of the changing social/cultural/ spiritual and technological needs of the demographic being served and seek biblically to relevantly incorporate such needs into FBC’s youth ministry.
- Foster collaboration with the Pastor of Children and Families to facilitate a smooth transition from Kidz Church to Solid Rock Youth.
- Know and become known by the congregation at large as an interested, engaged pastoral leader within the ministry team. This means having abroad interest in all the people of the church, not simply a narrow interest exclusive to those connected to Solid Rock Youth.
- Oversee and guide the young adults ministry at FBC and work with a developing leadership team to enhance the ministry.
- Continue to develop the vision for young adult ministry at FBC.
- Be available as a resource and liaison with those in the college and career age group.
- Provide spiritual guidance and support to young adults
Help plan and execute events
- Exhibit personal integrity, a strong Christian faith, self-awareness, and a commitment to building the kingdom.
- Cultivate a listening attitude, remaining open to constructive critique and insights for personal, professional and spiritual growth.
- Demonstrate effective communication with students, parents, congregants, and volunteers, displaying timely and thoughtful responses.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Willing to invest in the lives of the youth and young adults and have a heart for this age group.
Application submissions: We invite candidates to apply with their resume, including two references with their contact information, and a brief description of their faith journey to email@example.com
First Baptist Church Charlottetowne welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.