We are currently seeking to hire a Pastor of Congregational Development to join our ministry team in doing ministry with refugees and newcomers in our community.
Overview of Church and Community
Thornhill Baptist Church is a growing intercultural, intergenerational church serving the communities of Thornhill, Richmond Hill and north Toronto. We are united by our commitment to Christ and our desire to glorify God through our worship and service.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
Matthew 28:19-20: Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
M.Div degree or equivalent
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong Christian faith
- A deep commitment to a holistic approach to proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience working with refugees and other newcomers to Canada
- Experience in discipling new Christians
- Pastoral experience
- M.Div. degree or equivalent
- Technical experience with Zoom, Facebook livestreaming and Faithlife Proclaim would be an asset
The job entails:
- Helping our congregation develop as we reach out to refugees and newcomers in our community and introduce them to the life of our church.
- Providing support and assistance to persons making refugee claims.
- Discipling new Christians as they grow in their faith
- Training new Christians to take on ministry and outreach responsibilities themselves.
- Working with the Board of Deacons to develop plans to implement these objectives.
Technical experience with Zoom, Facebook livestreaming and Faithlife Proclaim would be an asset
Submit resume to Marlene Parr, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thornhill Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. ***