Provide leadership to pastors ministering to the Cantonese speaking congregation with the goal of building disciples for Christ, equipping them to embody the gospel through word, actions and deeds.
Overview of Church and Community
Logos Baptist Church (Milliken) or LBCM is a bi-literate and trilingual church with three congregations, namely Cantonese, English and Mandarin.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
To obey the Great Commandment and the Great Commission through bearing witness to the Word, planting new churches, and proclaiming that Jesus Christ is God and Lord of all.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Graduate from an accredited and recognized theological institution with a Master of Divinity or above
- Minimum 5 years pastoring and providing leadership to Cantonese Congregation
Role and Responsibilities
Pastor the Cantonese-speaking people with passion and minister to their needs both from within and outside of the church. The incumbent works with the other Pastors and Lay-leaders as a team to minister to the Cantonese Congregation and serve the church as a whole. The incumbent will take leadership in furthering the ministries of the Cantonese Congregation. The roles and responsibilities will include the following:
- Take leadership in the strategic planning of the Cantonese ministry by aligning to the mission and vision of the church.
- Take leadership in the pastoring and shepherding of the Cantonese-speaking congregation inclusive of all ages.
- Manage, mentor and provide spiritual guidance to pastors under the Cantonese Ministry.
- Develop training and resources to support the Cantonese ministry.
- Establish good relationship with the congregants;
- Working alongside leadership team to motivate and provide guidance to the congregants and shepherd them to live out their God given potential as disciples that makes disciples
- Contribute to the overall ministry of the whole church as required.
- Work with the Pastors and other lay leaders of the church as a team to share and support other church ministries
- Strong leadership, coaching, preaching and teaching gifts
- Excellent communication skills in Cantonese and English, Knowledge in Mandarin is an asset.
- Experience serving in a North American tri-lingual church an asset.
- Accredited by or willing to seek accreditation with CBOQ
Please submit Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Edwin Siu, Chairperson, Board of Directors
Logos Baptist Church (Milliken) welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.