Kipling Avenue Baptist Church is a multicultural body of caring believers who desire to glorify God through worship, prayer, fellowship and sharing the love of Christ with all people and equipping believers to be true followers and servant of Christ.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
- Master’s Degree in Divinity or equivalent degree from an accredited academic institution.
- Preferably 7+ years of pastoral experience, with 5 years as a pastor.
- Evidence of building vibrant ministries in an urban setting such as community outreach, and church planting
- Must be ordained to Christian pastoral ministry, registered to perform marriages in the Province of Ontario
- Agrees with our Church constitution, and “This we believe” from the Canadian Baptist of Ontario and Quebec.
- Willingness to go through accreditation/ordination with the CBOQ, if not a member
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and Board of Deacons.
- Ability to preach and teach God’s word.
- Maintain the church office at least 4 days per week.
- Counselling and visitation to members and adherents at home or in the hospital, as needed.
- Involved in outreach ministry- along with affiliates of KABC in the community.
- Sunday service, Wednesday night bible study and prayer meeting.
- Musical background is an asset.
Role and Responsibilities
- Willingness and experience working with a variety of multi-cultural congregations.
- To grow and share your faith.
- Respect other’s opinions and allow others to have their say.
- A people person who loves Jesus, approachable, reliable, empathetic, encouraging our congregation to grow and share our faith.
- Filled with the Holy Spirit, prayerful.
- Leads by example.
- Effective communicator.
- Encourage people in our congregation to grow in their knowledge, relationship, commitment and service of Jesus; help them develop their gifts.
Include contact name, cover letter outlining how your personal attributes and experience align with Kipling Avenue Baptist church, as well as a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kipling Avenue Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.