We are seeking a pastor led by God for our church at this time. An individual who can be used by God to lead our congregation forward into measurable growth through further developing our community relationships in accordance with our strategic plan and vision for Dundas Baptist Church.
We desire an individual who will be a strong shepherd to the flock, providing spiritual leadership to the congregation. A teacher of God’s truth from scripture in accordance with CBOQ’s Baptist Distinctives (https://baptist.ca/about/vision-and-core-values/). A pastor who can communicate the message of the gospel clearly, and who can encourage us all to walk closer with Jesus.
Overview of Church and Community
Dundas Baptist Church was founded in 1834 and moved into our current location in 2000. We have various evolving programs in place and would like to grow further - both spiritually and numerically - in various ministries. There is an integrated music ministry with a variety of musical talents.
Dundas is a community with a strong small town sense with a wide range of amenities in town and close at hand. It is a place to live, become involved locally and support all the local activities. We have a large number of public schools in close proximity in addition to McMaster University. Essential services, restaurants, food stores, all that is needed, are close by and within walking distance.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- M. Div. or M. Th. from an accredited Theological Seminary or equivalent
- CBOQ accreditation or the willingness to acquire.
- A sense of God’s calling to this pastoral opportunity
Role and Responsibilities
Worship and Prayer
- Deliver structured, relevant, focused and well-researched messages
- Attentive to the impact of external and church events on the congregation
- Collaborate with staff and congregation in service planning and implementation
- Provide regular and intentional spiritual mentorship to congregation members
Pastoral Care including Community Engagement
- Regular visitation of members and those unable to attend services regularly
- Follow-up with those needing spiritual guidance
- Lead and support the congregation in community outreach
- Good time management with focus on Worship and Prayer Responsibilities and Pastoral Care including Community Engagement
- Delegate tasks when necessary and appropriate
- Work collaboratively with Worship & Pastoral Care committee
- Consider relevant opportunities for further education
- Respond to and respectfully consider recommendations from administrative board
- Ongoing self-assessment
Please forward a resume including a covering letter by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates who we feel meet our needs will be contacted for interviews.
Dundas Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.