First Baptist Church Kingsville (FBC) aspires to be a safe and inviting place where families and individuals from any background are welcomed, cared for, and helped to establish a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ, built up in their faith, and equipped and engaged to serve God.
We are looking for a Pastor who will help to lead us in becoming a church that passionately reaches out to the local and global community with the love of Jesus. A leader who is committed to teaching scripture, casting vision, fostering engagement, encouraging discipleship, developing leaders, and working with teams.
Overview of Church and Community
FBC is a friendly, multigenerational church family affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec located in the beautiful town of Kingsville, in Southwestern Ontario. The church was founded in 1823 in a small settlement along the shores of Lake Erie by an itinerate lay preacher. Currently, some 200+ people of all ages call FBC their church home.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
At FBC, we are committed to becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ and inviting others to join us. Our core values encourage us to be Disciples, Missional People, People of Prayer, Relational People, Repentant People, Servants and Worshippers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Demonstrate a clear commitment and personal loyalty to Jesus Christ exhibited in consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle
- Exhibit a passion for pastoral ministry and a desire to promote spiritual formation, discipleship, and pastoral care
- Exhibit a passion to engage in personal and corporate mission, including evangelism and social action locally and globally
- Demonstrated record of strong biblical preaching with a mature understanding of the scriptures and a strong commitment to ongoing learning
- Demonstrated ability to lead a congregation, collaboratively casting vision and developing strategies to stay the course
- Demonstrably gifted in the areas of leadership, communications and interpersonal engagement
- Capable of effective delegation, leadership development and interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative abilities
- Minimum M.Div. degree or equivalent from an ATS accredited seminary
- A minimum of 5 years of pastoral experience, preferably in the role of lead Pastor
- Agreement with “Baptist Distinctives” as expressed by CBOQ
- Ordained and accredited with, or willing to pursue accreditation with, CBOQ
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide visionary leadership for the congregation
- Responsible for the cooperative development of small Bible study groups, congregational care ministries, and missional outreach locally and globally
- Manage the administrative aspects of church life as well as providing overall direction and supervision to staff and ministry leaders
- Oversee and lead worship, preaching, teaching and pastoral ministries of the church, effectively communicating the Christian faith and lifestyle to people of diverse ages, backgrounds and maturity
- Lead in responding to specific pastoral situations including visitation, weddings, funerals, and conflict resolution
- Provide a supportive environment for significant relationships and partnerships with the local community
- Train and develop leaders for effective ministry
- Identify new leaders and develop them through intentional training
- Participate in scheduled meetings with the church board as well as other committees and ministry teams
- Represent FBC at denominational and regional ministerial meetings
- Desire to love, serve and minister to/with people
- Ability and willingness to be personally and spiritually accountable
- Sensitivity to others, humility, and integrity
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and coach others
- Ability to effectively lead a team through leadership and encouragement
- Ability to embrace and lead change
- Well-developed leadership, management, and strategic skills
- Well-developed organizational, communication, interpersonal, and administrative skills
- Proficient in the use of computer programming and technology
Please submit a resume, references and a covering letter to the Chair of the Search Committee by email at email@example.com.
Qualified candidates for this position must be Canadian residents at the time of application. If selected as a candidate, a criminal record check (including a vulnerable sector check), and a credit check will be required along with the applicant’s consent for the FBC search committee to evaluate those results. Screening checks will be kept strictly confidential and will be considered in relation to the responsibilities of the position.
FBC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. ***