Oversee and run Sunday School during a portion of our Sunday morning service (about 40min) at least two times per month as well as oversee, plan and run two youth (teen) events per month (can discuss with our pastor as to whether that is a youth group/bible study or activity event or combination of both). Schedule volunteers and verify Vulnerable Sector Police Checks are current and in-place.
Overview of Church and Community
Almonte Baptist Church (ABC) is a 150+yr old congregation in the beautiful town of Almonte, ON. The church building is quaint and full of country charm! Our congregation is a mix of all ages, and we are excited to have some young families attending with their children. We are casual and welcoming with a focus on evangelism and outreach (we hold our summer services outdoors weather permitting as one example). Our music style is a mix of traditional and contemporary with a worship band accompanying. The picturesque town of Almonte is small but very vibrant with a lively reputation for the arts and music festivals they host throughout the year. The church building is one block from the Almonte Beach, fairgrounds and the OVT providing ample opportunity for activities of all kinds year-round.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
A community of people deepening their love for God and others.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- a love for children and teens and a heart to reach them with the saving grace of Jesus!
- a personal commitment to daily Bible study and prayer, born again Christian
- a willing heart, open to learn, grow and work with our leadership team and volunteers
- a vulnerable sector police check
- experience working with both children and teens is preferred
- punctuality and dedication: if you say you’re going to be there you’re there; if you say you’ll do a task, you do it
Role and Responsibilities
- with the Pastor: select Sunday School and Youth curriculum and organize/purchase any supplies needed;
- schedule volunteers, ensure police checks are current, meet with volunteers from time to time as required
- meet with the Pastor or an Elder regularly to give feedback, direction, and for your support
- interact in a friendly manner with parents as required
- attend ABC Sunday services at least two Sundays per month
- lead Sunday school at least two times per month, cover for volunteers in the case of absence
- lead and attend at least two event for teens each month (can coordinate with the leaders of the Young Adults group)
great organizational skills time management personable friendly experience working with children and teens comfortable becoming a role model for teens
Please submit resumé including a cover letter telling us a little about yourself to: Pastor Jim Perkins, firstname.lastname@example.org
Almonte Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.