Plans and co-ordinates the music ministry of Queen Street Baptist Church in consultation with the Senior Pastor.
Overview of Church and Community
Queen Street Baptist Church is a multicultural congregation, worshipping in a historic building located in downtown St. Catharines. We have a long tradition of service to the community.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
Queen Street Baptist is a welcoming community, growing spiritually, worshiping God in Jesus Christ and sharing God’s saving love.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Good keyboard skills. Organ skills or the willingness to develop those skills is desirable.
The church has a Kawai Grand piano and a 3-manual Casavant pipe organ.
Role and Responsibilities
- Plan, in consultation with the Senior Pastor, worship for weekly Sunday services and additional services
- Lead musical praise and worship during Sunday services
- Work with and develop the worship team during weekly practices
- Encourage members of the congregation with musical talents to become involved
- Provide for a prelude and postlude for worship services on Sunday, plus two or three additional services annually.
- Support a bell choir able to assist in several services annually
- Opportunities exist to provide music for weddings or funerals and to develop the next generation of young musicians
- Good keyboard skills. Organ skills or the willingness to develop those skills is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of traditional and contemporary Christian music
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Jane Masenda, Office Administrator
Queen Street Baptist encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.