The person who God chooses to serve in this role will shepherd, mentor, challenge and nurture the people who call Talbot Creek home. The Lead Pastor will prepare and deliver Bible centered, culturally relevant messages. The Lead Pastor will work with the Church Council to oversee the vibrant ministries and events that are ongoing in the church and community.
Overview of Church and Community
Talbot Creek is a growing, active church that is established and respected within its community. Talbot Creek averages 60-100 on a Sunday morning depending on the season. It is a warm and welcoming group of people that has attracted many new people. The church family is made up of many families with young children, and a mix of those into retirement. The worship service is welcoming and upbeat yet passionate and reverent as those in attendance search the will of God. The worship time is powerful, modern and yet recognizes the history of worship as it prepares people to hear the word of the Lord. Talbot Creek is located in the town of Brechin ON, home to 2000 – 3,000 people, 20 minutes from Orillia and one hour from the GTA.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Ideally, the pastor will have a theology centered B.A. from a reputable institution. The pastor would be ordained or willing to work towards becoming ordained.
Role and Responsibilities
- To deliver culturally relevant, Christ-centered and Biblically based messages
- To continue to forge ties between the community and the church using strong relationship building skills
- To oversee the ministries operating within the church, including children and youth, men’s and women’s ministries, young at heart and others by using a warm approachable demeanour
- To see a need or an opportunity and have the vision to work towards fulfilling it
- To adhere to and operate within the Talbot Creek mission and statement of beliefs
- To have the ability to communicate passionately and effectively God’s word into people’s lives.
- To be able to work with a dedicated, enthusiastic group of church leaders in various ministries.
- To be able to meet with and work with people from all walks of life and age groups, mentoring, encouraging and enabling them.
Please submit your resume in confidence to Dave Torrie, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Talbot Creek Community Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. ***