The “Lead Pastor” shall be primarily accountable for preaching, teaching, visioning, encouraging, and fostering of faith at BCC. The position will oversee and work alongside all support staff; the position may also oversee other miscellaneous areas of church ministry. Overall, it is the expectation that this individual will collaborate with other support staff in creating and fostering a culture of Christ-centeredness; furthermore, since the congregation is run by an elected Board, with its respective committees, the candidate must be willing to collaborate with the volunteers elected to positions of stewardship within the Church. Ultimately, it is expected that the “Lead Pastor” will develop a long-term strategy for continued multi-generational faith at BCC.
Organizational Structure: It is expected that this position will generally oversee all staff and day-to-day operations. However, since Banwell Community Church is a Board-run organization (with the support of committees), this position will also sit on the Board as an Ex-Officio. The Lead Pastor will serve as the primary means of communication between the Board and staff. Upon request, a formal organizational chart can be provided.
Overview of Church and Community
Banwell Community Church (BCC) is a great place to explore faith, build relationships, and find God. BCC is a thriving multi-generational CBOQ-member church that is currently made up of 200+ active members and adherents. Although the majority of our ministries are coordinated through a dedicated volunteer base, at least four other support staff assist in managing our ministries and day-to-day operations.
The Ambassador Bridge is often used to represent Windsor, ON, commonly referred to as "Border City". Likewise, as the Church, we are a bridge to our world, and our faith is best lived out when we connect with our community at the border between "culture" and "Christ's calling". Will you join us in bridging that gap?
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The incumbent will possess, at minimum:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a Bible College in Canada or the U.S.A.;
- Five years of relevant experience in a primary pastoral role;
- Five years of exposure to general family ministry;
- Three references validating that the candidate is above reproach in satisfying the above criteria.
Role and Responsibilities
The following provides a general outline of the primary responsibilities associated with the position:
- Ongoing development / oversight of church ministries managed by the volunteer base; collaboration with staff and volunteers regarding potential improvements to these ministries;
- Primary leadership of the weekly services, including the preaching of God’s Word;
- Relationship-building with congregants to mentor and guide through life circumstances; prayerful spiritual oversight of overall church health;
- Administration of staff; includes weekly staff meetings for enhanced communication and visioning;
- Visitation of congregants that request an audience with the Lead Pastor;
- Weekly interaction and reporting at staff meetings; reporting of updates at monthly Board meetings.
Secondary Roles and Responsibilities:
The following provides a general outline of the secondary responsibilities associated with the position:
- Vision meetings with key leaders to identify milestones for personal spiritual growth;
- Monthly vision meetings with key support staff to identify milestones for the church’s spiritual growth;
- Preparation of quarterly personal professional development plan;
- Provide spiritual support for the church’s staff, volunteers, and small group leaders;
- Community outreach (as opportunities arise);
- Preparation of Sunday service outline, including but not limited to videos, lyrics, slides, etc.;
- Record video announcements; utilize editing skills as required;
- Communicate with volunteers / staff regarding changes to protocol and / or service structure.
Compensation: Although the Human Resources Committee will refer to CBOQ’s 2022 Compensation Development Tool, it is anticipated that the salary will range from $60,000 to $70,000 per annum, in consideration of a candidate’s qualifications; annual salary will be the basis for calculating all incentive, pension, and benefit obligations and entitlements. The position offers added compensation in the form of a monthly housing allowance ($1000 / month.) Compensation also includes the eligibility to participate in the BCC Employee Benefits Plan for salaried employees, which includes a healthcare plan, a life insurance plan, and a defined contribution pension plan, all of which are provided through the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ).
Submit resume to email@example.com
This advertisement will be active until a candidate is selected for the position. At that point, the Search Committee will close the advertisement.
Banwell Community Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.