Mount Forest FBC is looking for a Lead Pastor who is gifted and called to this role. We are seeking a Pastor who is devoted to Christ, spiritually mature (growing in the characteristics of an elder outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-12 and Titus 1:5-9), having life experience and is committed to equipping our multi-generational congregation. The Lead Pastor will preach the word of God through biblically centered expository teaching with practical applications to everyday life, will shepherd the church and help us impact the community with the gospel of Jesus.
Overview of Church and Community
FBC of Mount Forest is a family oriented congregation with deep roots in the community. Originally established in 1860, we are a growing and vibrant church with a focus on Christian growth through prayer, education and discipleship. We are a congregation with a focus on family, and a regular outreach into the community and the world through involvement with missions.
We have many generational ministries running within our church. ( MOPS, MOPPETS, God’s Adventure Club, Seniors Ministry, etc.) Check out our church website -First Baptist Church Mount Forest http://www.firstbaptistmountforest.ca/
Mount Forest is a growing community within the municipality of Wellington North.
We are a full service community with good recreational opportunities, a public secondary school and both public and Catholic elementary schools, and full service health care facilities. https://mountforest.ca/
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
"Representing the love and the selflessness of Christ, our mission is to minister to the people of Mount Forest and the surrounding area, and globally through evangelism and outreach, and to build up the church body through discipleship within the church."
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Be born-again; renewed through the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit, and has experienced conversion through faith and repentance, all of which must be evidenced by a changed life
- A mature relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord
Regular practice of spiritual disciplines and an active prayer life
- Strong relational skills - ability to build and maintain relationships
- Good communicator
- A passion and a calling to minister to the people attending the church and who we are ministering to
- Persistence, creativity, flexibility and adaptability
- A person of integrity who has a good reputation with those inside and outside the church
- Able to balance personal life, spiritual life and ministry
- Able to relate to all age groups
- In agreement with the Statement of Faith and the Covenant of Membership of First Baptist Church
- The ability to demonstrate strong organizational, decision-making and collaboration skills
Role and Responsibilities
- Be a member of the pastoral team and work as a team player in close partnership with the church leadership, staff and ministry leaders
- Work with existing ministry programs to help people develop a closer relationship with the church family
- Our pastor will be someone who is called to preach and teach God’s Word with clarity and conviction on a weekly basis. The Pastor will minister to our congregation, discipling our church to a greater maturity in Christ, and guiding us in ministry and mission. The Pastor will provide pastoral care to our church through visitation, mentoring and relationship building
- Provide ministry for marriages, funerals and other special services and occasions
- Have a vision and a burden to reach the unchurched within our community
- Encourage all to grow in their relationship, commitment and service to Jesus Christ and empowers others
- The position requires great flexibility in time schedule
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. However, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. FBC Mount Forest welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This posting will remain open until a candidate has been selected. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.