- Due to the retirement of our Pastor of fifteen years, we are currently looking for a Lead Pastor who is called to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ by preaching and teaching the Word of God in a way that is relevant to people’s lives. The appropriate candidate will be responsible for cooperatively preparing weekly services, preaching, conducting weddings, funerals, and baptisms.
- The Pastor will disciple the congregation and lay leadership in order to build up the body of Christ, and will model godliness and Christian commitment to encourage people to grow in their knowledge, relationship, and service of Jesus. The appropriate candidate will possess a commitment to the ongoing development and training of leaders and will be responsible for the cooperative development of small Bible study groups, congregational care ministries, and missional outreach.
Overview of Church and Community
Edmison Heights Baptist Church was established in 1964 in the small city of Peterborough. We are a friendly, multigenerational church family with approximately 60 members who are dedicated to the spiritual growth of the church and to serving the community.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
Our Mission Statement is “Learning to love Jesus by loving others in His Name.”
Edmison Heights Baptist Church will be a thriving church – growing & full of life – that nurtures mature disciples who remain passionate about being on mission with Jesus Christ.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Theology or Biblical Studies or equivalent from an Association of Theological Schools (ATS) accredited seminary
- Presently ordained and accredited with Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec or willing to pursue accreditation with CBOQ
- Has a vital walk with Jesus Christ, devoted to fervent prayer, demonstrated by faithfulness, humility, and an authentic love for Jesus and His people.
- Experience in discipling, teaching, & evangelizing
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Willingness to uphold and abide by the Church Constitution
Role and Responsibilities
1. Preaching and Teaching:
- The Pastor will be the primary preacher for Sunday Worship Services.
Works with the Worship Director to develop a weekly Service Order.
Ensures solid Biblical teaching with practical applications.
- Provides leadership in planning the Adult Education programs and other programs in discipleship & ministry training, in coordination with lay leaders.
- Trains and develops leaders for effective ministry.
2. Community Outreach / Evangelism:
- Provides a supportive environment for relationships and partnerships with the local community.
- Equips and supports leaders in community service and outreach initiatives (i.e. through participation).
- Fosters a culture of missional prayer, evangelism, and outreach.
3. Shepherding / Pastoral Care:
- Oversees the pastoral care needs of the congregation for in home/office visits and phone calls, hospital visitation, baptisms, marriages, and funerals.
- Leads in responding to specific pastoral situations, including conflict resolution and disciplinary processes.
- Ensures the completion of ministry, business, facility and logistical support functions through staff and lay volunteers.
- Contributes to the revision of policies and practices of the Church to enhance ministry initiatives by streamlining decision structures and simplifying authorization processes.
- Sits on the Board of Elders. Attends monthly Elders and Deacons meetings and bi-annual Congregational meetings.
Actively seeks to strengthen the church’s relationship with the CBOQ & TVA.
- Honest person of integrity, who is dependable and trustworthy.
- Clear and relevant communication skills, with an approachable and compassionate demeanor.
- Knows how to listen to God’s voice and is obedient to God’s leading and guidance through the Holy Spirit, Scripture, and prayer.
- Passionately loves Jesus above all else and loves the Body of Christ. Has great compassion for the lost and desires to lead people to Jesus.
Please submit applications to Pastoral Search Committee Chair, Deborah Gray, at email@example.com, by March 31, 2021. Please include:
- A current resume – addressing core qualifications and work experience
- Three references – please provide the name, phone number and email address for each of your references.
- Please consider sharing some of your faith story, reasons for applying, and how the Lord has equipped you for serving as a Pastor of His church.
Edmison Heights Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. ***