- We are currently looking for a Lead Pastor who will help to lead us in becoming a church that passionately reaches out to the community. The appropriate candidate must possess a commitment to the ongoing development and training of leaders, with responsibility for cooperatively preparing weekly services, preaching, conducting weddings, funerals, baptisms and child dedications, as well as representing our church at denominational and regional ministerial meetings.
- We are looking for a qualified individual who will be able to manage the administrative aspects of church life as well as providing overall direction and supervision. The Senior Pastor must participate in scheduled meetings with the church board, deacons as well as other committees within our church.
- We are looking for a leader who is committed to teaching scripture, working with teams, and developing leaders.
Overview of Church and Community
We are a multicultural, multigenerational church family from diverse backgrounds with approximately 75 members whose sole purpose is to exalt Jesus Christ. We are a church who loves the body of Christ and support each other through thriving prayer and congregational care ministries.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
To be a safe and inviting place where families and individuals from many diverse backgrounds are welcomed, cared for, and helped to establish a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ, be built up in their faith and equipped to serve God.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum M.Div. degree or equivalent from an Association of Theological Schools (ATS) accredited seminary
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as Lead Pastor
- Experienced in evangelizing, equipping & discipling
- Demonstrably gifted in the areas of leadership, communications, and interpersonal engagement
- Experienced leading in a multicultural congregational church
- Experienced and passionate in working with a younger generation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Presently ordained and accredited with Canadian Baptists of Ontario & Quebec or willing to pursue accreditation with CBOQ
- Be a motivator
Role and Responsibilities
- The Senior Pastor shall serve on the Leadership Team
- Be the primary teacher in Sunday Services, visionary leader for the congregation, and manager of the Church staff
- Oversees and leads the preaching and teaching ministries of the church
- Effectively communicates the Christian faith and lifestyle to people of diverse backgrounds and maturity
- Ensures solid biblical teaching
- Trains and develops leaders for effective ministry
- Identifies new leaders and develops them through intentional training
- Leads in responding to specific pastoral situations including conflict resolution, disciplinary processes, and critical pastoral incidents
- Provides a supportive environment for significant relationships and partnerships with the local community
- 1 Timothy Chapter 3: Verses 2-4, 7
- Passionately loves Jesus Christ above all else, Spirit-led, passionately loves the Body of Christ—the Church, able to stand firm for the truth, and has great compassion for the lost.
- Knows how to listen to God’s voice and is obedient to God’s leading and guidance through Scripture and prayer.
- Studies God’s Word fervently for personal transformation first, before teaching and preaching to others.
- People-oriented, humble with big heart, caring and good listener
For further information please send to Pastor Selection Committee, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For our consideration, please submit the following:
A current resume - addressing core qualifications and work experience
Three references - provide the name, phone number and email address for each of your references.
First Baptist Church Fort Erie welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.