Inniswood Baptist Church is looking for an Interim Pastor who is gifted and called to this role. We are seeking a Pastor who is devoted to Christ, spiritually mature (growing in the characteristics of an elder outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-12 and Titus 1:5-9), having life experience and is committed to equipping our multi-generational congregation as we seek to find a permanent Pastor. The Interim Pastor will preach the word of God through biblically centered expository teaching with practical applications to everyday life, will provide pastoral care to members and adherents to the church and help provide leadership direction to both the Pastoral Search Committee and the Leadership Board.
Overview of Church and Community
Inniswood is a congregation with deep roots in the community - primarily through the use of the facilities. Multiple congregations use the church facility on a weekly basis for their ministries. There are also community organizations that use the facilities.
We are a community of believers seeking God’s direction for the next chapter in our journey. We have many ministries running within our church (Spanish Bible study, small groups, music, youth ministry, men’s ministry, sports ministry, prayer groups and most recently - “Inniswood gathers”). Check out our church website - www.inniswood.com.
Barrie is a growing community within Simcoe County.
We are a full service community with excellent recreational opportunities, schools and full service health care facilities.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
The primary mission of Inniswood Baptist Church is to glorify God, proclaim the Gospel and make disciples of Jesus Christ.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Be born-again; renewed through the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit, and has experienced conversion through faith and repentance, all of which must be evidenced by a changed life
- A mature relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord
- Regular practice of spiritual disciplines and an active prayer life
- Masters of Divinity (or similar) is preferred
- Strong relational skills - ability to build and maintain relationships
- Good communicator
- A passion and a calling to minister to all members/adherents
- An ability to provide leadership guidance to the Pastoral Search Committee and Leadership Board
- Creativity, flexibility and adaptability
- A person of integrity who has a good reputation with those inside and outside the church
- Able to balance personal life, spiritual life and ministry
- Able to relate to all age groups
- In agreement with the Statement of Faith and the Covenant of Membership of Inniswood Baptist Church (https://inniswood.com/about/what-we-believe/)
- The ability to demonstrate strong organizational, decision-making and collaboration skills
Role and Responsibilities
Generally speaking, the following is a list of duties & responsibilities:
- Preaching/teaching Sunday mornings via sermons (1 Sunday per month can be done by another person if requested),
- Coordinate with Music Director on aspects of Sunday worship services (including communion),
- serve as a resource to leaders responsible for small groups, Bible studies, etc. - may be done via phone calls, virtual, email
- Provide leadership skill development to members of the Pastoral Search Committee and the Leadership Board
- Connect with members and adherents as needs arise
- Actively connect with members and adherents in order to build up the body of believers, equip servants and encourage the deepening of faith
- Respond to community members that reach out to the church (via the office or website)
- May involve referring to other professionals
- Attend regular leadership meetings & provide relevant updates
- Liaise with CBOQ as required
- Maintain records of work & expenses and submit this information on a monthly basis
- Perform weddings and funerals as able and/or permitted
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. However, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Inniswood welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This posting will remain open until a candidate has been selected. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.