The Holiday Club Assistant Coordinator (HCAC) will implement the program of Mimico Baptist Church (MBC) Holiday Club (August 16-20, 2021) under the direction of the Holiday Club Coordinator (HCC).
Overview of Church and Community
Mimico Baptist Church is in the southwest part of Toronto in a neighbourhood with 2 elementary schools nearby. It is a suburb of Toronto with a diverse range socio-economically and ethnically. The church was planted in 1920 and currently has an average attendance of approx. 50 people in addition to a growing Mandarin-speaking ministry.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
A community of Christ sharing Christ with our communities.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Works well with a team
- Able to implement direction from supervisor
- Leadership and ability to work with others
- Excellent communication and relational skills
- Works well independently and has good organizational skills
- Works well with children and youth
- Cleared through MBC's child protection policy screening
- High competency in computer skills
- Comfort in a Christian faith environment
- Canada Summer Job grant requirements:
- Be between 15-30 years old at start of employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist the HCC with the implementation of the Holiday Club program.
- Assist in managing volunteer staff.
- Follow government recommended safety precautions due to the pandemic.
- Musical skills an asset
- Creativity and writing skills an asset
Submit resume/CV to Alvin Lau (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 18, 2021.
Mimico Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. ***