We are seeking a full-time pastor. Education must be BTh or greater and have accreditation with CBOQ (Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec).
Overview of Church and Community
We are a vibrant community church nestled among the urban and rural area of Stoney Creek/Hamilton, with proximity to schools, hospitals, arts & theatre, outdoor and indoor sports activities, as well as being within travel distance to Brantford, Burlington, and Toronto.
We are a small church with attendees from diverse ethnic and social backgrounds. We strongly support missions, which include a Cancer Care ministry, a community Blessing Cupboard as well as established mens’ and womens’ ministries within the church. Currently, we are re-establishing a youth ministry. Via Zoom, along with Masala Ministries, (outreach to the salvation community) we reach international pastors and their missions.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
To know Christ and to make Him known.
Role and Responsibilities
- to preach and/or teach in both the Sunday Morning services, (should a second service be added/required). He/she should also lead the Wednesday Prayer Group, though he/she may delegate the teaching portion of that session.
- to work in conjunction with the Worship Team.
- oversees the ordinances.
- supervise all Pastoral staff.
- Will be ex-officio of all church committees and boards. The Pastor will be a non-voting member of council.
- Will provide counseling as needed, including crisis situations.
- Will provide Pastoral care through the most effective means possible. The Pastor is to be available and willing to perform weddings and funerals as needed.
- The Pastor and Deacon’s will work out the schedule of hours of work.
- The Pastor shall report to the Deacons Committee.
In addition, the successful candidate will enjoy interaction with a diverse community, have a passion for missions and be willing to help build and encourage present and future outreach opportunities. Heritage Green Community Church is affiliated with CBOQ and accreditation with CBOQ is a must.
All resumes must be received by midnight March 15th, 2023, submitted by email along with a cover letter and either a link or sample of a sermon, to email@example.com. Resumes will be opened after the closing date.
Heritage Green Community Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.