Our Family Ministries Associate will fulfill two primary roles:
- Direct our annual “Kids Camp” summer program taking place July 15-19, 2019.
- Teach Bible lessons to children for our Sunday morning “QKids” program.
This is a full-time (33 hours/week) summer-only position starting April 23, 2019 and ending August 12, 2019.
Overview of Church and Community
Queensway Baptist Church is an intergenerational congregation established in 1952 located in the “Henderson Survey” residential area of Brantford, Ontario, Canada. Our Sunday Worship draws an average of 120 people across all ages. Our active church life includes small groups, youth programs, social events, and more. Our mission is to sacrificially love Jesus and serve others together. We are affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience working with and/or teaching children.
- Competence working with computers including Microsoft Word, Excel, and social media.
- Works respectfully and joyfully with teenagers and adults.
- A team-player who empowers leadership in others rather than retaining control over everything.
- A servant and student attitude. The candidate does not need to have already established all the ideal qualities of a leader, but they must accept training and coaching willingly and humbly.
- Education requirement: must have completed high school.
- Completion of a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and demonstration of that faith in lifestyle and character.
- We welcome candidates from any Christian tradition, but they must respect our Canadian Baptist statement of beliefs in public statements and teaching (https://baptist.ca/about/what-do-baptists-believe/).
“Canada Summer Jobs” Eligibility Requirements
This position is anticipated to be funded through the Canada Summer Jobs grant program. In accordance with the CSJ grant requirements, eligible candidates must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Please note that being a student is no longer a requirement, as has been the case in years past.
Role and Responsibilities
Direct our annual “Kids Camp” summer program taking place July 15-19, 2019
Kids Camp is our annual summer program that welcomes 150 children ages 3-11 on the mornings of the third week of July. Under the supervision and mentoring of the Pastor of Family Ministries, the candidate will coordinate our Kids Camp program in partnership with volunteer teams. Tasks will include team formation, equipping of volunteers, program development, registration, and communication. Training of volunteers will be done in partnership with the Pastor of Family Ministries.
Teach Bible lessons to children for our Sunday morning “QKids” program
QKids is our children’s program during our Sunday morning worship services. The candidate will play an active part of planning and teaching our Sunday morning children's programming alongside our existing leadership team.
Secondary Responsibilities (Optional)
At Queensway we are committed to investing in your Kingdom work, whether that will bless Queensway or some other church in the future. Therefore, we are happy to negotiate additional leadership roles in other areas of church life which can be discussed ongoing with pastoral staff.
- Application deadline is Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 11:59 PM EDT.
- Applications must only be emailed. No paper applications.
- The following two (2) documents must be emailed to email@example.com as attachments to apply (do not include these documents in the body of the email):
- Cover Letter
- Cover letter and resume must only be in MS Word .doc or .docx format or in Adobe PDF format (not .rtf, .odt, .wpd, Google Docs, etc.).
- Attachment file names must begin with your first and last name, followed by a dash, followed by the document type (“Your Name – Document Type.xxx”).
Example file names:
John Smith – Resume.doc
Jane Smith – Cover Letter.docx
Alice Allison – Resume.pdf
Queensway Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. ***