We are seeking two (2) Pastors to join and lead our English Ministry.
Overview of Church and Community
MCBC is a dynamic multigenerational church located in northeast Mississauga consisting of English, Cantonese, and Mandarin congregations.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
Mission: Mississauga Chinese Baptist Church (MCBC) exists to participate in God’s movement of making disciples of all peoples.
Vision: MCBC strives to Multiply, Connect, Build, and Care for all people to know the life transforming power of Christ and to make Christ known.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The successful candidates:
- The preferred candidate will have graduated from an evangelical seminary in good standing with a Master of Divinity (or higher) degree
- Is one called to Pastoral Ministry and meets the Biblical expectations of 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Is committed to maintaining a closeness with God through faithful prayer and study of God’s word to spiritually lead MCBC’s English Ministry.
- Exhibits a contagious passion for God and has a Christ-like Spirit;
- Is deeply rooted in God’s word to preach, teach and disciple MCBC members in accordance to the Bible.
- Has strong communication skills in writing and speaking
- Is passionate about engaging and establishing relationships with members of the congregation with a loving heart and desire to provide pastoral care and effectively respond to the needs of our English congregation;
- Has a minimum of 10 years of pastoring experience
Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include the following:
- Preaching and teaching in coordination with others for discipleship and ministry training
- Working cooperatively with all Pastors to promote unity and ensure the success of all MCBC congregations in participating in God’s movement.
- Leading specific ministries as assigned; developing strategies and executing on plans to develop discipleship programs through small group ministries and fellowships;
- Providing pastoral care to the English congregation;
- Providing spiritual leadership and guidance to the English congregation;
- Building up the spiritual lives of believers through discipleship, teaching, mentorship, visitation and counseling
- Welcoming new Christ followers
The candidate should be in agreement with generally held Baptist beliefs, be interested in a cross-cultural working environment, and preferably will have full time pastoral experience in North America. Previous work and life experience that enriches the candidate’s effectiveness in the English Ministry is a welcome addition to the candidate’s pastoral experience and formal education. The candidate must have a strong understanding of North American culture and English is their native/mother tongue.
Interested candidates please apply here.