Shepherd about 50 congregants of diverse age groups (mostly youth, young families and adults) in the English Division, predominantly of Chinese origin with some from other ethnic groups.
Overview of Church and Community
Currently the church has a team of 1 pastoral staff and 1 youth worker and 1 administrative assistant and 150+ congregants across the Cantonese and English congregations. The church building is situated at Finch & Brimley in Scarborough (Toronto).
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Theological education: M.Div. or above from an accredited and recognized theological institution
- Accredited by or willing to seek accreditation with CBOQ
Role and Responsibilities
- Participate in pulpit ministry, teaching ministry and prayer ministry
- Be involved in general pastoral duties and the development of the English Congregation
- Work with church leadership to recruit, train, coach and nurture related ministry leaders and potential ones
- Serve as mentor to the assigned Small Groups, shepherd Small Group leaders, visit groups regularly and offer them support and resource
- Provide support, visitation and pastoral counseling to related leaders and members as needed
- Attend meetings of related ministry including Pastoral Staff Meeting, Council meeting, Members’ meeting, English Ministry Committee meeting etc. as required
- Support the congregation to engage in outreach activities and continue to develop local connections to serve community
- Collaborate with the senior pastor and church leadership for ministry alignment and church unity
- Strong preaching and teaching background in accord with sound doctrine in an evangelical setting
- With calling from God and strong passion to serve in the body of Christ
- Pastoral experience in North America of similar church size and culture
- Excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of Chinese is an asset
Applications are received at email@example.com
Calvary Logos Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.