Toronto Baptist Ministries (TBM) is looking for a part-time Director to connect with our churches and leaders, coordinate with the Board while overseeing staff, and ensure that TBM stays relevant to current and changing needs of our constituents while staying true to our purpose and values. Please note candidates should hold membership or be willing to seek membership in a CBOQ church.
Overview of Church and Community
TBM exists to encourage, strengthen, and equip our member churches and ministry leaders to work together to extend the mission of Christ into their wider community. Our Association represents over 80 CBOQ affiliated churches in the Greater Toronto Area.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Strong organizational ability, possess strong communication and relational skills, vision, possess intercultural and cross-cultural competence and sensitivity, knowledge of the GTA (opportunities and challenges), experience in leadership and supervising staff.
Role and Responsibilities
- Visit and consult with TBM churches and pastors/church leaders
- Oversee cluster groups
- Assist in the coordination of the AMC process in consultation with TBM Board
- Assist in the coordination of the examination and welcoming of new churches in consultation with TBM Board
- Assist in the coordination of examining councils for ordination candidates
- With Moderator, convene board meetings (held every other month), compiling information from staff, churches and associated organizations
- Collaborate with related ministry organizations, CBOQ, CBWOQ, CBM, and other Toronto based ministries and present opportunities for mutual engagement
- Supervise Bookkeeper, Communications Officer, and any other staff positions that may arise
- Coordinate with the Communications Officer on necessary communications with churches, constituents, donors, and other ministries supported by TBM
- Offer support to churches in crisis when invited to help
- Guest speak in churches as a representative of TBM
- Represent TBM at the CBOQ Annual Assembly
- Coordinate TBM AGM in collaboration with the TBM Board
- Knowledge of Baptist principles and distinctives is an asset.
- Pastoral gifts such as caring and administration are an asset
- Understanding of Baptist protocol surrounding ordination and introducing new churches is an asset.
- Knowledge of current communication strategies and fundraising methods is an asset.
- Ability to use online video conferencing platforms (Zoom/Google Meets).
- Flexibility and foresight into the future of TBM churches in a post-COVID setting.
- Willingness to travel within GTA. Possessing a G-class license and a vehicle is an asset.
TBM Search Committee, TBMapply@gmail.com (Abby Davidson, Kenneth Foo)
TBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. ***