The successful candidate will be expected to clean and maintain the interior, the exterior of the church building and the surrounding property. They will ensure areas used by the congregation and staff are cleaned, based on the agreed upon weekly, monthly or annual cycle. Basic repairs, maintenance of supply inventory, set up and take down of events (i.e., weddings, funerals, special events, etc.) will also be required. Previous chemical handling and cleaning knowledge is an asset.
Overview of Church and Community
We are a diverse group of people who belong to God and to an authentic, loving community where we are known, valued, supported, and encouraged. We warmly invite others to belong and share in the compassionate love of Jesus. Our church has an English and a Farsi speaking congregation.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
We are a community of believers, growing deeper in the love of Jesus. We choose to Belong Believe Become.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible, able to adjust schedule when needed and for emergencies
- Provide a valid police check
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job.
Role and Responsibilities
- Clean and maintain all areas inside of the building, weekly, including, but not limited to washrooms, kitchens, sanctuary, offices, and meeting rooms
- Sweep, mop and clean floors weekly
- Wax floors, when necessary
- Dust furniture and equipment on a weekly basis
- Spot clean walls as needed
- Clean all windows monthly
- Vacuum all rugs weekly and after events, as required
- Remove garbage from receptacles, as necessary
- Observe all safety procedures when handling chemicals. Follow written and verbal instructions
- Ensure garbage bins, blue bins and green bins are at the curbside on scheduled day of pick-up
- Ensure staff, volunteers and congregants are adhering to local recycling requirements
- Maintain grounds and parking lot by ensuring all garbage is removed. During the applicable seasons, shovel snow from the walkways and stairways on workdays and Sundays
- Change burnt out light bulbs
- Perform immediate and temporary repairs in an emergency
- Paint walls as needed
- Inspect fire extinguishers and record inspection was completed
- Notify direct report of unusual activities on the property, lights left on, damage, etc.
- Take a monthly inspection of the building and report any areas requiring attention to the Chair of the Property Team
Other Duties as Required
- Assist with event preparation and clean up
- Take inventory and submit requests to replenish supplies
- Attend scheduled Property Team meetings as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- WHMIS Certification an asset
- Previous housekeeping/custodian experience and asset
Send resumes to email@example.com
Immanuel Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.