Work within the administrative team to manage and maintain the church building and facilities including the parking lot and open spaces to ensure a safe, hygienic, presentable and comfortable environment for use in compliance with the municipal code and the fire, health and safety standards.
Overview of Church and Community
Currently the church has a team of pastoral staff and 1100+ congregants across four Divisions: English (200+ people), Mandarin (200+ people), Cantonese (550+ people) and Young Life Division (150+ people). The church is strategically situated next to Hwy 404 between Major Mackenzie Drive E. and 16th Avenue in a residential area developed over the past 20 years and is expanding into the north with predominately Asian origin.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Honest, devoted, prudent, responsible and able to work independently
• Friendly, polite, helpful, hospitable and enjoy meeting people
• Experienced in property management, repair, building maintenance and janitorial work
• Having knowledge and skills to perform general minor property repair works such as regarding
electrical appliances, pipes, drainage, furniture, tools and equipment
• Physically fit to lift 40 pounds, to climb and work on a 8-feet ladder, to perform outdoor
works such as watering plant, lawn mowing, snow shuffling, spreading salt at entrances and on
walkways, tree trimming and gardening, etc..
• Able to work or attend to special incidents at irregular hours like evenings, weekends and
• Able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in English, Cantonese and Putonghua
• Proficient in using computer software like sending and receiving emails
• Able to work collaboratively as a team in a multi-cultural church environment and to serve
unitedly, cooperatively and harmoniously with pastoral staff, office staff and volunteers
• Possession of an academic or technical qualification in building or property management, an
electrical and plumping license and/or a Standard First Aid certificate will be an asset
Role and Responsibilities
• To inspect and monitor the use of facilities within the property;
• To make sure spaces and facilities within the church property are tidy and clean. To sweep
and mop floors, vacuum carpets, clean and tidy up kitchen facilities, handle garbage and waste
disposal, arrange chairs and tables, tidy up tools and equipment, clean mirrors and windows, etc.
as and when necessary;
• To restock or requisition items for cleansing, kitchen, washrooms and church facilities on a
regular or ad hoc basis (e.g. paper products, soap);
• To carry out general indoor and outdoor repair and maintenance works including replacing
broken light bulbs, doing paint touch-ups, small-scale pumping and electrical repairs, etc.
• To perform outdoor works including tree trimming, lawn care, gardening, cleaning of drainage,
snow removal and salt spreading at entrances and on sidewalks, etc.
• To check and make sure all facilities are vacant and in order, all lights out, taps off,
doors and windows closed before locking up the church building and facilities; to set alarm and
lock all the gates before leaving at the end of the day;
• To report to the Church Administration regarding all damages to church property in a prompt
manner; and to carry out repairs under safe circumstances;
• To answer and handle enquiries, to receive visitors and to provide assistance as and when
• To assist Superintendent in church property management including repair and maintenance of
church property and facilities; and
• Any other duties as assigned.
Church Phone Number: 905-887-6222
NB: People with disabilities are welcome and will be accommodated upon successful selection.