CBM is seeking an experienced strategic communications writer for both print and digital media platforms, reporting to the Team Lead of the Content & Design Department. These skills will be used by the Content and Design Team, as well as Church Engagement Teams to create compelling donor experiences which engage Canadian Baptists in the global initiatives of CBM.
Overview of Church and Community
CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in the following areas: Poverty, Justice, Kids at Risk, Building the Church and Crisis Response.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must accept CBM’s Core Values (see www.cbmin.org)
- Willing to sign off on CBM’s Code of Conduct
- Attend weekly in-house Chapel and contribute to the overall spiritual growth of the organization
- 5+ years’ experience in writing copy for a variety of media
- Undergrad degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or English
- Previous experience in copy editing and proofreading is preferred
- Theological education a strong asset
- Demonstrated strong understanding of the use of social media in marketing and promotion
- Creative and innovative in presenting information to align to audience interests
- Strong ability in project management, prioritize tasks and demonstrate initiative
- Attentive to detail
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe creative suite
- 2nd language an asset
- Cross cultural experience an asset
- Familiar with Canadian Baptist Constituency an asset
Role and Responsibilities
- Writing and edit our quarterly print magazine, writing impact stories from field reports, creating web content, writing appeals and fundraising campaigns. Writing scripts for video and presentations.
- Research topics and conduct interview with internal and external stakeholders and to plan and produce high impact stories and content.
- Source background materials (project/program materials) and stories for inclusion in promotional/informational materials, draft copy as directed.
- Write, proof and post web communications/news items and press releases.
- Draft copy, proofread, edit, and coordinate the design and production of selected projects as directed.
- Assist in developing strategy, contributing creative ideas towards all the elements of the annual CBM communications schedule.
- Act as first line of contact for Canadian Partnerships department for all internal and external inquiries
- Monitor, record and oversee the distribution of communications materials
- Help with special events as requested
- Ensure successful completion of additional tasks, as assigned
- Attend weekly in-house Chapel and contribute to the overall spiritual growth of the organization.
Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Baptist Ministries welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. ***