RiverCross Church is looking for a Chinese Outreach Pastor who will join the pastoral team of RiverCross Church to give leadership to our Chinese Outreach Ministries. RiverCross has over 60+ people as part of its Mandarin speaking community and has significant influence in the larger Chinese community, which numbers around 1100, in Saint John. The current Chinese ministries at RiverCross can best be described as a church within a church: This ministry will seek to carry out the vision of RiverCross Church within the Chinese community by worshiping in English with the larger church family on Sundays, while meeting in Mandarin small groups and outreach events during the week. The successful candidate for this position will give leadership to discipling our current community while also mobilizing them to reach out to the Chinese community in Saint John.
Overview of Church and Community
RiverCross Church is a Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada Church.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Our preference would be for someone with experience working with new immigrants from Mainland China.
We would prefer the candidate to have already completed their MDiv, and have 5 years ministry experience.
Role and Responsibilities
Provide Spiritual Leadership to our Chinese speaking community through four main emphases:
• Outreach: This will involve helping mobilize the community to carry out outreach ministries and helping put together strategies and training.
• Discipleship: This will involve putting together a plan to provide discipleship opportunities to help increase Biblical understanding and obedience. There are a lot of new Christians in our community who need help in maturing their faith. There will also be a need to help resource different Bible study groups with theologically sound materials.
• Visitation/Counseling: provide or arrange pastoral care for the Chinese speaking community.
• Congregational Integration. o This candidate will play an important role in integrating RiverCross’s English and Mandarin speaking communities keeping integration at the forefront of our vision and identifying opportunities to make it happen.
o This candidate will be a member of the staff team of RiverCross Church and will attend staff meetings and participate in Sunday English services. He or she will be accountable to the Deacons Board of RiverCross Church and will have the resources of the regular Church budget to help facilitate this ministry.
• Strong Biblical background
• Living out a vibrant personal faith (Titus 1:7-8)
• Language: fluent in Mandarin, functional in English, Cantonese a bonus
• Effective communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Three years or more of North American ministry experience
• Thorough understanding of Chinese culture in modern mainland China
• Adequate computer skills
Please send an inquiry, or resume to RiverCrossSearchCommittee@gmail.com
RiverCross Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.