We are seeking a Children’s Program Coordinator (CPC) to work collaboratively with the Next Generation Ministry team to grow the children’s programs and activities as one of the key ministries of the Church. This is a part-time position that requires 20 hours a week, with 4 of those hours on Sunday during the delivery of the Children’s Program.
Overview of Church and Community
East Toronto Chinese Baptist Church (‘ETCBC’ or ‘Church’) is a multi-lingual, multi-cultural, multi-congregational and multi-generational community of followers of Jesus Christ, whose mission is “to inspire, enable and develop people to grow in their understanding of Kingdom values and to use their God-given gifts to live out those values in all spheres of life.”
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
ETCBC’s vision is that starting with our church and local community, Victoria Village, ETCBC will train people to minister in their own homes, communities, places of work and beyond.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Education qualification: Post-secondary education in religious studies/Christian ed/ or a diploma in ECE or equivalent.
- Character: Mature follower of Jesus Christ, who seeks to continue to grow in relationship with God through regular practice of spiritual disciplines (Scripture reading, prayer and solitude, small group fellowship, engaged in spiritual direction, giving, service), models servant-leadership, and seeks to live faithfully, manifested as the fruit of the Spirit.
- Minimum 1+ year experience in Children and/or Youth ministry
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Role and Responsibilities
Program planning and execution:
- Working with the Next Generation Ministry Pastor (NGMP) and Next Generation Ministry Committee (NGMC) to carry out strategic planning and vision casting for our Children’s program at ETCBC, covering ages from birth to grade 5.
- Plans and oversees programs, budgets, and administrative aspects for all Children’s programming at ETCBC, including but not limited to: the nursery, children’s Sunday School classes, children’s fellowship, children’s worship and other children’s outreach programs like Kidscamp (VBS), Fall Fest, Easter and Christmas celebrations.
- Implement and participate in the program delivery of the Children’s Program.
- Lead the ongoing development of a Christian education curriculum for children’s Sunday School and fellowship.
- Maintain a safe and inviting environment for the Children’s Ministry Programs
- Create and ensure a positive, safe and healthy environment for our children to discover God and grow in biblical faith
- Build personal relationships with children and their families to participate in the development of children’s spiritual life.
- Parental support and involvement.
- Maintain regular communication and contact with parents to gain understanding and support.
- Engage parents to be involved with and take ownership of the Church’s Children’s Program.
- Assist the NGMP to recruit, nurture and train lay leaders and volunteers for all Children’s programs.
- Promote and communicate the essence and importance of Children’s program to each congregation to gain understanding, draw support and participation
- Communicate and promote ministry activities, events and developments to all other pastoral staff, parents, volunteers and cross congregation members.
- Passion for the spiritual development of children and families through age-appropriate pastoral care and teaching.
- Capable of working with multi-generational, multi-ethnic groups in a variety of settings. Capable of working with people of different ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Cultural Awareness and Intergenerational Experience; Experience with a Chinese Canadian or multicultural church is an asset.
- Has work or life experience within an intercultural (preferably Asian-Canadian) context. Continually seeks to deepen understanding of contemporary Canadian society to minister effectively to intergenerational/cross cultural congregations.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Able to work with Mandarin and Cantonese speakers. While the ability to communicate in Mandarin or Cantonese is an asset, this should not deter potential applicants.
- Proven administrative, organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated self-starter, team and consensus builder. Ability to facilitate and direct discussion and ministry decision-making.
- Good knowledge of administrative and communications software, including Google Workspace and Zoom.
- Personality: relational/caring, approachable, adaptable, has high emotional intelligence and self-awareness, and inspires confidence in leadership.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
East Toronto Chinese Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.