Children’s Pastor - Guide all children (Infants to Grade 6) in their faith development, building a solid spiritual foundation, through intentional and strategic nurturing so that they may know, love, and follow Jesus.
Overview of Church and Community
Highland Baptist Church is a medium-sized church located in Central Kitchener. We have three congregations and recognize the growing diversity in our community. There is room for people from every land and culture at Highland. We welcome them as a blessing to us, and as a microcosm and sign of the reign of God.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
God calls us to practice the compassion and love of Jesus Christ, locally and globally, in risk-taking mission and service and to nurture a diverse and thriving church family.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- has a passion for children’s ministry
- has theological training, or is willing to engage in ongoing appropriate training
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop a rapport with all Highland’s children and their families.
- Resource, equip and support families in their collective faith journey.
- Plan, promote, organize and schedule for weekly teaching and supervision for Sunday School classes, and infant and toddler care & programming during the worship service.
- Source Christian Education Resources (such as books and curricula) that are age appropriate, culturally sensitive and theologically thoughtful for a diverse congregation.
- Organize special events for children and their families.
- Provide leadership, promote and participate in summer day camps & ministry programs.
- Seek ways to minister to and to reach out to children in the wider community.
- Support pastoral staff and leaders in the use of music and drama for children in worship services.
- In collaboration with pastoral staff and leaders continue to develop intergenerational worship opportunities.
- Recruit, train and equip new and existing volunteers for effective delivery of our children’s programs, including training and implementation of a Safe Church Policy.
- In collaboration with the Christian Education Team, vision, plan, implement and review on yearly basis with monthly updates for an intentional, sustainable children’s ministry at Highland.
- Engage in ongoing professional development.
- Network with other children’s pastors & ministry leaders.
- Become acquainted with demographics and needs of the wider community around Highland.
- Participate in worship. Preach periodically.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Collaborate with Christian Education Team.
- Report to the Christian Education Team in monthly meetings.
Develop and work within an annual budget for children’s ministries in collaboration with the Christian Education Team.
- creativity, energy and is deeply committed to Christ
- excellent interpersonal skills
- a proven track record of effectiveness in ministry and children’s leadership
- self-starter and a strategic thinker
- works well within a team ministry
- possesses strong organizational and time management skills.
- communicates clearly and effectively.
Include contact name, email address and any other submission requests. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com